SAAB THERMOSTAT HOUSING COMPATIBLE? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SAAB THERMOSTAT HOUSING COMPATIBLE?
Monday, April 24, 2017 10:53 AM
Just a quick question, I'm still working on my turbo setup on my 03 cavalier (ecotec) and I was wondering if anybody has used a saab 9-3 thermostat housing on their ecotec. I know it would probably be a lot easier to just splice into a coolant line for a coolant return line from the turbo, but if the saab 9-3 thermostat housing is compatible I'd rather just use that instead so I can use the factory saab return line. If anyone has any information on that specific part being compatible that would be good to know before I order a used one or get one from a junkyard. And also if anyone has any pictures on their intercooler piping set ups that would help out a lot because I cant find and nice simple way to run the charge side of the intercooler piping. Thanks.

Re: SAAB THERMOSTAT HOUSING COMPATIBLE?
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 7:48 AM
It will not fit. It's been attempted but it doesn't clear the shift cables or bell housing.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, May 08, 2017 4:51 PM
Where would be the best or easiest spot to get at for a coolant return line?
Thursday, May 11, 2017 9:35 AM
return into a tee off the heater core hose and supply off a tee in the upper radiator hose. Just like the Saab set up was.
Friday, June 02, 2017 5:08 AM
Okay, well I have the the exhaust flange that mates with the turbo I have and I tried test fitting it, but one of the metal parts from the thermostat housing is in the way of the exhaust Now? So what should be done then?
Wednesday, June 07, 2017 11:36 AM
Do you mean the downpipe? That seems to be a common issue with this install. Do a forum search and you'll see that people put a dent/bend in that section of the downpipe to get it to clear.
Saturday, July 01, 2017 9:55 AM
The master tech where I work said to try putting a slight bend in the pipe. I just wasn't sure exactly and wanted to get someone else's input on it. I wont be running a down pipe or cat, he gave me a piece of exhaust off of an older dodge journey that had the perfect bend in it, I'm just running it straight up and probably won't be putting the hood back on. I'm not going for a clean build at all just cheap and it works kinda deal. The only other problem I'm having is where exactly to run the charge side of the intercooler piping to the intercooler. I've been asking for months to see other peoples set ups on here and other places but no one seems to respond.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search