stock fuel pressure on a 95 2.2L - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stock fuel pressure on a 95 2.2L
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:07 AM
I searched, and checked ny-jbodies' library for the info, but I can't find what teh stock fuel pressure is suppose to be for a 2.2L 95 sunfire. I'm doing my top feed conversion right now, and my fpr is an aeromotive adjustable one, with the gauge port on the side, and I will need to set it to the stock pressure with the pump on, before starting the car. (i do that with the vacume line off i'm told, right?) I'm using the stock 98 top feed injectors, which i believe are the same flow rate as my 95 side feed. so, the stock fuel pressure should work fine for me.

I'll try and post some pics of the top feed conversion as it progresses.

Re: stock fuel pressure on a 95 2.2L
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:00 AM
Fuel pressure is checked/ set with the vacuum line disconnected and engine running. If the engine is shut off there's no need to disconnect the vacuum line since there's no vacuum.

I don't have access to service data right now, but I believe stock pressure should be 40-45 psi.

I'm thinking of starting a top feed conversion myself, just to do it. Keep us posted.

-->Slow
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:54 AM
Thanks. I'll set it at that, and look at my wideband from there.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 4:58 AM
I think 98 injectors are 19 lbs /h and 95's are 17 lbs /h.

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=130891
Thursday, March 31, 2005 4:10 PM
Beretta SS wrote:I think 98 injectors are 19 lbs /h and 95's are 17 lbs /h.

Ok, thanks. I'll keep a watch on the a/f then. see if its running a little rich. May need to get that e-manage sooner then i though. hehe.

As for the intake manifold, I got a place to do the maching for me this saturday so top feed injectors fit in it. and i'll figure out the mounting of the 2200 fuel rail after that. Probably need to bend those brackets and bolt them somewhere. I am going to run an aeromotive adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and already figured out how i'm going to connect it all, and run the fuel lines. Hopefully, i'll have pics by mid next week at the latest.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 4:11 PM
i meant to type machining.. need edit buttons.... or i need to learn to type/spell , lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search