anyone have this turbo? - Boost Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
anyone have this turbo?
Monday, August 29, 2005 12:26 AM
A friend of mine just bought it for his 03 but im a little worried since im not really boost wise. Hows the quality? Is it good? anybody have it or heard anything about it?

thanks

HERE IS THE TURBO

Re: anyone have this turbo?
Monday, August 29, 2005 6:33 AM
Have fun with that thing ,He keeps saying in the description that its not made in a cave ,it might not be made in a cave but it defenetly is made in china.

Monday, August 29, 2005 7:26 AM
The SSautochrome is suppose to be a bad company to buy turbo's. There is a post from many months ago, that have pictures of one cracking in half, and looked like it was glued together. I mean, all those feedback ratings are left before people have had their cars running for months. Cause thats when they break, or so i've read. I have no personal experience.

Search in here, and you'll find the post.

Monday, August 29, 2005 9:34 AM
i did a search but i didnt find anything. should i tell him i dont want to help him install it? i dont want him to think i did something wrong. any other reviews?

Monday, August 29, 2005 10:27 AM
I would stay away from SSautochrome/Stone Moutainracing/XS-Power. There are people who have used those turbos only to have them fail within a few months.

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Monday, August 29, 2005 10:42 AM
Adler wrote:I would stay away from SSautochrome/Stone Moutainracing/XS-Power. There are people who have used those turbos only to have them fail within a few months.

very true story! I had one for like a week and got rid of it, the quality is evedent when you see them in person.

Monday, August 29, 2005 11:02 AM
stay away from them trust me. you should of been around here when they were getting flamed. a guy on the jeep fourms had a pic of one being split at the seams. If you really want a good turbo wait for it. Your best bet for a fast find is a seller on there named g-pop shop or something like that. I can get you the offical name if you want it. quailty turbos for cheap. they were my last resort. or you can do like I did and wait for three moths for the right turbo to show up. I got a 60/68 internally gated mint condition for 167. best bid of my life.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Monday, August 29, 2005 1:20 PM
yes. stay away from SS/AC. BAD!

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.
Monday, August 29, 2005 2:25 PM
Jcavi wrote:stay away from them trust me. you should of been around here when they were getting flamed. a guy on the jeep fourms had a pic of one being split at the seams. If you really want a good turbo wait for it. Your best bet for a fast find is a seller on there named g-pop shop or something like that. I can get you the offical name if you want it. quailty turbos for cheap. they were my last resort. or you can do like I did and wait for three moths for the right turbo to show up. I got a 60/68 internally gated mint condition for 167. best bid of my life.

i saw that when i searched on yahoo. can you get me that name please. It good to know all this so when i buy mine i wont get burned. my friends gonna be pissed though, but atleast we found out before it was to late.

thanks

Monday, August 29, 2005 5:48 PM
g-pop-shop thats the seller. search for him theyl actually rebuild to your specs. unless your rich or want fast You can wait. Im telling you I got the deal of a life time.

"Kick azz is my boost hero!!! "
Monday, August 29, 2005 6:13 PM
Just save up your $$$ and get a Hahn Racecraft system! MONEY = QUALITY!

Go here

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search