LSD options for the New Venture - Page 2 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: LSD options for the New Venture
Friday, August 20, 2004 9:50 AM
Jenny wrote:We have the HM282 in my '98 Z. I did get ahold of a Torsen LSD which was "suppose" to fit the HM282 from the Grand Am, etc.., but it does not fit. Just FYI.

I also believe the EP "LSD" is a phantom grip type thing as well. Just from looking at the pics on their website, that's what it seems like.

hey whats up Jenny.. do you still got that Torsen unit? if so i might be interested in it if i can get it to work ! i thought the hm282 and the nvg were pretty much the same internally but maybe there are more differences than we thought. anyway if you still got it i might swing over and grab it from ya! <br>

Sven you totally quarterloafed your computer..

Friday, August 20, 2004 9:52 AM
btw what year GA did you snag that trans from? <br>

Friday, August 20, 2004 11:02 AM
You can get the older getrag trannies from 93-94 Acheiva's, GA's or Beretta's with the Q4. The 93-94's have the 3.94 FDR while the older ones have a 3.58 FDR ( don't quote me on that ) <br>

Jason
99 Z24
#25 to register on the Org !!
New Dawn Customs
Friday, August 20, 2004 11:25 AM
Jason McElvy wrote:You can get the older getrag trannies from 93-94 Acheiva's, GA's or Beretta's with the Q4. The 93-94's have the 3.94 FDR while the older ones have a 3.58 FDR ( don't quote me on that )

you are right but i was just wondering what year, their particular trans came out of. i asked because of those discrepencies. then maybe find out what methods they used to get around that. there are also more considerations you need to make w/ a hm282 swap. the new venture should be much easier. yeah the 93-94 nvg's are the ones that play nice in our cars btw. <br>

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 4:05 PM
Sorry to drag this up from the dead but I was wondering if anyone has the link to the swap write up that was done to put the NVT 550 into the Z's. Also, is this a direct swap or is their some custom work involved? Thanks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search