Clutch install 89 bird, finished. comments - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch install 89 bird, finished. comments
Friday, May 13, 2005 7:18 PM
woohoo, i just threw a new clutch in my bird, i had a fun time working with all the rusted parts, and pulling the crossmember out lol, i followed what the book said, but when i go to where it says "slide the transaxle away from the engine and lower it from the vehicle" i said "uhhh no, not gonna work jack @$$" and had to pull everythign off that crossmember and drop it and then i could actually pull the tranny away far enough to disengage the center splines.... honestly this sounds stupid to me being a fan of the old classics, you know, drop the driveshaft, unbolt the tranny and away you go for the swap...

total hours probly only comes to 8 or 9, which considering the crap tools i worked with... and some of which broke... and the amount of rust that is on that stupid car, i think i did pretty good, some pictures are on my CarDomain site have more soon, although i didn't bother taking pics after i decided to pull the crossmember...

so the only question i have is: was i supposed to pull that crossmember? or was there somethign else i was supposed to do, kuz i didn't bother changing the fluid (mainly because the bolt woudln't come out of the transaxle drive unit)

anyway, the clutch install is done now all i have to do is wire everything back up and throw the suspension back in, then it's time for more bodywork, yay... not

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." "for those ten seconds or less I'm free"

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search