need of help for my 4t40e - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need of help for my 4t40e
Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:56 PM
i have a 99GA 2.4l with the 4t40e tranny, anyways my tranny has been acting really wierd. if im just casually driving at a regular speed and not really getting over 3k on the tac my tranny will all the sudden go into a spirt of really hard shifting and it will only shift at 3k no matter how hard I hit the gas or how soft it goes like this take off 1st 3k 2nd 3k 3rd 3k 4th, all the while shifting hard and will not downshift when I get on the gas. I have to stop the car disconnect the battery and sit for at least 15 minutes then its ok. i dont know if the disconnecting of the battery really does anything in this case but it seems to, so i do it. I checked the fluid level today and as the car was running fluid trickled out a little as its supposed to. I also had a tranny flush done last fall.
Is something in my tranny going out? any help would be greatly appresiated
thanks in advance

Re: need of help for my 4t40e
Thursday, June 02, 2005 3:59 PM
check your pressure control solenoids and shift solenoids

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Thursday, June 02, 2005 4:04 PM
how can I do that?
Thursday, June 02, 2005 9:31 PM
personally ive never had to do it so im not sure on the proccess.
sorry couldnt help there

Friday, June 03, 2005 1:48 PM
On some cars, if a certain sensor goes out (depends on the car) the computer will go into limp mode. Also when some cars are in limp mode the computer doesn't allow the engine to rev over a certain rpm.

Someone here in cali had a similar problem, he figured out it was the throttle position sensor.

My Car
Friday, June 03, 2005 4:16 PM
on the 4T40E the tranny will be in 2nd gear at all times no matter what

Saturday, June 04, 2005 8:46 PM
I had kind of the same problem in my 00 z24. Every time I would put it in gear, or when it shifted it would slam really hard. It turns out that my IAT sensor was bad. Replaced it and it hasn't done it since.

The midwest is here....... are YOU ready.
Monday, June 06, 2005 8:07 PM
that seems a bit odd. but in a last ditch effort I tried it. new sensor $10 so oh well if it didnt work. But I have drove about 15 miles and no sign of what was happening. so far so good. im still thinking of changing the fluid with a filter change to
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search