The 2000+ Tranny - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
The 2000+ Tranny
Monday, June 06, 2005 2:11 PM
So for my 3800 swap, I'm looking for a 2000+ Getrag/munice 5 speed transmission. I know my auto will hold up better, but I really miss the feel of a manual.

I would like the tranny to be my frist purchase as it seems harder to come by. I already know where I'm getting my engine, and it's in great condition 40,000 miles. I just need the 5 speed tranny.

Also, should I just go to a GM dealer and ask for the shift assembly to replace my auto stick. I heard the auto pops out with some work and the manual shift fits right in there like stock.

I realize I will have to run the cable's and pullys for everything, and would like to know how their set up stock. Would a 2001 cavy service manual tell me this? Anyone willing to sell me one regardless. I just odn't want to plop down 120 for a manual, that will not have any use as far as engine service.

Thanks guys!

Post Edited (06-06-05 2:42 PM)

Re: The 2000+ Tranny
Monday, June 06, 2005 7:28 PM
I'm sorry about the want add thing. I'll move it, I would delete it if there was an edit button. But since it can't, can you guys answer my manual question?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search