what transmissions will fit my 2.4 5 speed - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what transmissions will fit my 2.4 5 speed
Saturday, October 23, 2010 5:14 PM
ok i need to know what tranny i can bolt up to my ld9 2.4, its a 5 speed manual, my differential went out, want to swap out trannys, i know the getrag 282 and the f23 will fit, what are the isuzu trannys fit?

Re: what transmissions will fit my 2.4 5 speed
Saturday, October 23, 2010 5:39 PM
the getrag will fit the motor but wont work with your currrent mounts, whats in your car currently is a isuzu trans, not sure about the 282 being a direct bolt in or not, might have to search that one. also this is by going off your profile that says you have a 96 z24.

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Saturday, October 23, 2010 5:45 PM
ya i got a 96 and i do have a muncie that came out of it, im gonna sell it, it oviously isnt the stock tranny, but did bolt right up, so does the f23, just need to know what tranny i can use, cheapest is the best cause im selling it, gonna do a 2.3 h.o. build. and so will a differential out of a 2.2 fit in a 2.4?
Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:02 PM
can i take a differential out of a 2.2 and put it in a 2.4 and what isuzu trannys can i use?
Saturday, October 23, 2010 6:10 PM
and can i take a differential out of a automatic tranny?
Sunday, October 24, 2010 6:45 PM
im gonna go ahead and say no on the auto.... but im pretty sure the diff out of a 2.2 isusu would work...

there is also the getrag nvg t550, but its basically the 282 just manufactured by getrag instead of muncie. there are two versions that i know of, internal and external slave. save urself the trouble and dont even mess with the external BS. they also come with different gearing, shorter for the w41 quad 4 motors and possibly newer or older ones i cant remember. they either come in a 3.62 or 3.94 FDR.

Underdog Racing
Monday, October 25, 2010 8:09 PM
i just picked up a getrag f23 for 89 bucks, has 66,000 miles on it, came out of a totaled z24. shipping is $100, @!#$ love it!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search