spider gear question - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
spider gear question
Tuesday, November 02, 2010 1:36 PM
how much do you think it would cost for a shop to put spider gears from a geo storm into my broken isuzu transmission. Spider gears went out last year and trans has been sittin in my garage. i want the storm ones i have to get put in the trans. I tried to take apart another isuzu that i have in my garage and got the halves separated but cant figure out how to get the gear stacks out to get the differential out. So im sayin screw it and just gonna take them to a shop. Just was wonderin if any one else took theirs somewhere and how much they charged.

Thanks,

Re: spider gear question
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 12:21 AM
I have no idea but I am definetely interested. I plan on doing this myself so I learn more in the process, but I'm definetely interested in what an average shop would charge for this.
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 8:13 AM
I am sure it is over 200 bucks easy, probably closer to 300. Our transmissions are more complicated than most FWD trannies I have seen. I would guess an experienced shop would do the whole job in 3-4 hours if you bring them the transmission by itself.
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 4:21 PM
ok gents, heres your answer. it cost 300$ in labor to crack into and put back together a transmission. ad price for parts because most shops wont put used parts into a vehicle.. what i did was told them it was a track car and did not drive on city roads. but it works great. im selling it by the way, if anyone wants a 1996 z24 5 speed turbo, its on full tokico's, lowered 2 inches in the front, 18" konig hotswaps, racing seats. motor is a full turbo build, 8.9:1 compression. set to 16psi on a t3 turbo, .38mm wastegate.
Friday, November 05, 2010 3:45 PM
Do you happen to have the Final Drive gear from the GEO for sale?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search