isuzu issues - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
isuzu issues
Monday, November 08, 2010 3:59 PM
Starting having an issue on my way home from work today.

At consistent speeds the car would feel like its surging, all most felt like I tapped the brakes even though they weren't touched.

Wasn't bad, didn't seem like anything to worry about at the time. Driving through the housing development there are some slight curves in the road. Going through one to the right, I heard a POP and the car jerked to the right, kinda weird, couple feet further the road goes to the left, I turn left, same POP and a jerk to the left.

The car keeps doing this, I make a right towards my street and it does it a couple times, make a final left and same thing, pops like 2 times and stops as I straighten up.

To me it feels like the diff must be gone. Kind of like the spider gears are slipping and grabbing.

Anyone have a thought?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Re: isuzu issues
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:15 AM
You may want to look at you're half shafts and check if either side has excessive play side to side.

C:\Users\Phillip\Pictures
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 8:18 AM
They both seem to have little play, neither are very old. Maybe 3-4 months.

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:05 AM
Bye Bye Isuzu, hello Getrag.

Should be complete this week.

Monday, November 15, 2010 6:55 PM
Mine did the exact same thing, ended up not moving at all, and had to haul er home. I am just beginning the tear down, after I replaced the half shafts THEN pulled the dipstick to find a 2 inch metal shaving on it....

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 9:16 AM
Mine was similar.... The diff went. pulled the speed sensor and it was coverd in metal shavings too. Thats y the spedo didnt work correctly too!

Fireboy153
Brady Fire Co. - Station 150
Long Live The Sunflower! (yea its not so "cool")
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 4:16 PM
I've had to pull mine out every couple of months for the past year for the same reason. It was no surprise that my tranny went out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search