Need help ASAP, Master/Slave problem (bleeding) - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need help ASAP, Master/Slave problem (bleeding)
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 4:51 PM

Ok heres my situation, and I need to figure it out fast because this is my main vehicle and I need it to be drivable. It's a 2000 Z24 with the getrag 5spd

I was coming home from work on Friday as usual when I went to downshift into 4th, my clutch pedal hit the floor and never came up. Luckily it did go into 4th and i was able to safely pull it into a parking lot and check it out. I look under the car and see clutch fluid leaking from the bottom of the bell housing. I'm just like great, the TOB/slave went. So I call my brother to come trailer the car to the garage.

I wanted to be sure of it so I started inspecting a few things. First thing I did was pull the clutch actuator line out of the slave. I noticed that the little seal inside of it (where the little plunger is), was torn and a piece of rubber hanging out of the hole. So ok, no brainer, I need to get a line. Thinking this might be the problem since fluid can leak out of it. I got the line today and noticed it was different than my stock one. From what i read on here its the updated one from 05. I installed it, made sure there was fluid in the reservoir, and started the bleeding process.

Here's where I need help and I'm just down right confused. I can't get it to bleed. The master isn't pushing any fluid into the line at all. I even pulled the reservoir line off and drained the reservoir out and cleaned it. I reconnected it, filled it with new fluid, and still nothing. When i push the clutch pedal you can see it sucking the fluid out of the reservoir into the master but nothing will go into the line on the bottom.

Is it really possible that I get a puddle of clutch fluid under the transmission (thinking its the TOB/slave), and my actuator line and master is also bad? Can someone please help me out with this. Im stressed out beyond belief with this thing at the moment.

Re: Need help ASAP, Master/Slave problem (bleeding)
Tuesday, November 09, 2010 5:16 PM
99.999999999% chance your slave and or master are bad. I have my clutch pedal do the exact same thiing after a day at the track. Slave was bad, and master was on its way out.

To my understanding, when the slave is bad, it will leak into the bell housing area, and cause the puddle you said you have. I took the oppertunity to have my slave, master, TOB, and clutch all replaced, while at the same time having my flywheel resurfaced.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:53 AM

Does anyone whether the new updated fluid line works with the older style master? Because I heard they updated the master to as well as the line. I mean the new line fits into my old master but it seems like it went in a little to easy.

Still though, i should be getting fluid coming out of my master and I dont

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 3:25 AM
How do you kniow fluid is not coming out the master?

If you are pumping with the line disconnected then fluid will not come out.

If you buy the master it comes withi the line and it is pre-bleed.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:01 PM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:How do you know fluid is not coming out the master?

If you are pumping with the line disconnected then fluid will not come out.

If you buy the master it comes with the line and it is pre-bleed.

Because I tried going through the bleeding process and I got absolutely nothing coming through the line. When i put new fluid in the reservoir and started the bleeding process again, I noticed little black specs coming up into the reservoir, enough in fact that it turned the fluid black again.

I figure that master has over 100,000 miles on it and its shot. I have a new TOB/slave assembly and a new master coming tomorrow. I'm just going to pull the transmission tomorrow night and replace everything.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search