Shift speeds??? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shift speeds???
Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:26 AM
Just wondering what are the speeds at redline in each gear for a 1995 2.2ohv 5 speed, i have no tach and no funds for a tach, sometimes when i race I'll hit the limiter(not like crazy bouncing off it, just feel it hit once and i shift).

Re: Shift speeds???
Thursday, November 18, 2010 5:43 AM
i think my old sunfire redlined in 2nd around 90-100km/h, 3rd around 130-140 km/h, i cant remember what 1st was at

Friday, November 19, 2010 9:36 AM
idk what Km equals to in Mph but i usually hold 1st till about 32 ish, ive hit the limiter around 36ish, but when your driving fast, the speedo always responds slower so its probably up a little more, i leave 2nd around 54-55, then for 3rd maybe 80? and from there on im lost where to shift lol probably why people be killin me in the 0-100 runs

Friday, November 19, 2010 9:42 AM
95LsCoupe wrote:idk what Km equals to in Mph but i usually hold 1st till about 32 ish, ive hit the limiter around 36ish, but when your driving fast, the speedo always responds slower so its probably up a little more, i leave 2nd around 54-55, then for 3rd maybe 80? and from there on im lost where to shift lol probably why people be killin me in the 0-100 runs

this on a half mile track? because i can't see getting to even 90 in your car in the 1/4. unless this is on the street, which is not tolerated on these forums.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, November 19, 2010 3:15 PM
Hahaha speedo reading slow in a car that accelerates like a Kenyan in a foot race.

Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:14 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Hahaha speedo reading slow in a car that accelerates like a Kenyan in a foot race.

I dont think you wrote that right, arent kenyans fast in a foot race? that would be saying my car is fast? eitherway what i meant was rpms is more accurate guage when it comes down to seconds of shifting or somethin

Sunday, November 21, 2010 5:43 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Hahaha speedo reading slow in a car that accelerates like a Kenyan in a foot race.

I dont think you wrote that right, arent kenyans fast in a foot race? that would be saying my car is fast? eitherway what i meant was rpms is more accurate guage when it comes down to seconds of shifting or somethin

the stock tach is a LOT less accurate than the stock speedo. just sayin.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search