getrag front frame mount - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getrag front frame mount
Sunday, June 26, 2011 9:58 AM
Anyone have a source for one? If a GM factory one will work, anyone have the part number? TTR doesn't carry them anymore and this is the last part I need to source out.

Re: getrag front frame mount
Sunday, June 26, 2011 10:28 AM
maybe alex richards could make you one? I know he made his own for his 2200 build. If not cut the stock one off carefully and reweld in the desired location.
Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:18 PM
GM doesnt sell just the front bracket, they sell the entire frame rail with it attached, but for some wierd reason, they offer the rear one by itself. The easiest thing to do is get one cut out at a wreckers. Cut away whats left of the frame rail once you get it and weld that in. Although, if you are swapping from isuzu to getrag, you dont need to, you can modify the front one. I have done atleast 5 of these swaps and not once did I cut out the front bracket, just modified it.
This is the only pic I have of one that I modified, its the first I did from 6 years ago, so its rought, but you can make it look alot better and it will function perfectly.

Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:30 PM
So basically, just notch out a bit and redrill for the bolt? Seems easy enough. Getrag equipped cars are few and far between in my neck of the woods and even fewer are in pick-n-pull lots.

Monday, June 27, 2011 5:56 AM
well shizz that solves that problem, nice.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 3:16 AM
Kardain wrote:So basically, just notch out a bit and redrill for the bolt? Seems easy enough. Getrag equipped cars are few and far between in my neck of the woods and even fewer are in pick-n-pull lots.

Yuppers, easy as pie. Put the engine/tranny in, measure where you want it to sit, tac in the rear bracket and drill the whole for the front. Then remove trans and finish wedling the rear bracket.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:29 AM
Exact same why I've done Isuzu - Getrag swaps. Works great! (Just make sure to sand the old paint off, and repaint so it doesnt rust out)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search