possible trans noise anyone else? - Page 2 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: possible trans noise anyone else?
Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:22 AM
Gary Frank wrote:What part of a clutch kit dosent come with a fly wheel don't you understand?, I can't buy just a fly wheel from the yard here so why buy a clutch twice, I'd trust a lightly used factory over cheap Taiwan junk any day. It was out in back in, in like hours including dicking around and lunch I wouldn't call that a hard job..... I don't see why you have gt stickers on your cavalier, but it dosent matter cuz its not my car lol

I was'nt really criticizing you... I was criticizing Oedwards... Your right it is your car... but I'm sorry, I'd rather do things right the first time and forget about it.

FYI Exedy was a clutch supplier for GM for quite awhile... so that cheap Taiwainese junk is actually closer to GM original than you think. I'm sorry but not THAT many companies make clutches so relax gaaary... lol

As for the GT stickers... Its called clearcoat and it was'nt me!

And its getting painted over this winter anyway...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards

Sunday, November 13, 2011 11:58 AM
i was aware it was painted over or something, no disrespect was intended with that comment it was just a simple example right in front of me. It really wouldn't surprise me if gm got clutches from taiwan at some point haha But i really wouldn't call buying one of the cheapest sets on eBay "the right way", than looking for a fly wheel from god knows where. there would be times and cars i would agree with you, but in this case i would say the choice was a no brainier. Doesn't matter now, its in the car's done & ready for winter bumper cars....if it falls apart before spring i'll be back to say u where part right, but at-least at that point i'll have a fly wheel to resurface lol.

Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:06 PM
You know you can buy a friction plate for that flywheel for like $50 and be good to go on the flywheel.

After looking at the pictures on my 32inch monitor, sort fo looks like some uneven wear on the clutch disk.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:20 PM
i've got a new friction plate for the fidanza fly wheel at home already, think it was like 65$

Sunday, November 13, 2011 9:35 PM
I know its done and all. But I just re-surfaced the flywheel I had when doing mine. I understand beater, I understand quick with no down time. Not razzing you at all.

I got this,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXEDY-STANDARD-OE-CLUTCH-KIT-CHEVROLET-BERETTA-CAVALIER-CORSICA-2-0L-2-2L-4cyl-/150465719508?fits=Model:Cavalier&hash=item230874acd4&item=150465719508&pt=Motors _Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Last me 20K HARD BOOSTED miles, and was $125 shipped. I couldnt beat it. I completely understand what you did and way. Not dogging you for that at all considering its your beater. Glad you got it running and working!

Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:17 PM
My pos spec clutch did the same as yours. Mine was a stage 2 tho. Put a aftermarket own in and no noise and grabs 10x better. Auto zone is where I got my clutch and it ran me $200.

I also have 2 slave cylinders in the garage on brand new the other 20k. I would be willing to sell one for 20 plus shipping.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, November 13, 2011 10:19 PM

Monday, November 14, 2011 6:36 PM
I would have been all over that 2 days ago lol. It feels good I didn't hear any noise but
I just went down the street real quick, than I came back to bleed the clutch a bit more than went out for another run and there was a cop out when I made it to the end of the drive way so I turned it around and called a day (no insurance or valid tags). Prob on the road next week.
Thanks for the help guys

Monday, November 14, 2011 9:11 PM
Its all good man. Like I said, mine took 20,000 miles of 16psi, and once it gave out, it was DONE, not sure if you saw the carnage pics or not. So do you have any noise now? I saw you said you went for a quick trip... let me know what you find out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search