NEW!!! KY Clutch Kits @ Turbo Tech Racing (2.4L Twin Cam) 2000-02 - Page 3 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: NEW!!! KY Clutch Kits @ Turbo Tech Racing (2.4L Twin Cam) 2000-02
Saturday, August 17, 2013 6:35 PM
I'm just curious why a 15 lb clutch shipped directly from ky clutch in Kentucky to my home costed me 45 dollars for shipping when ups only charges 18 dollars for it. someone's making a cut on the shipping and I don't think that's right. the clutch is a nice piece but the pressure plate is made from daikin and has their logo on it which means its a stock pressure plate with a 6 puck "performance" disc. so far I'm not too pleased with the cost of the clutch and I don't even get a performance pressure plate. maybe I'm missing something but I really feel like I got the short end of the stick here. I guess I'll find out how well it holds up when I install it

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners

Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:08 AM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:I'm just curious why a 15 lb clutch shipped directly from ky clutch in Kentucky to my home costed me 45 dollars for shipping when ups only charges 18 dollars for it. someone's making a cut on the shipping and I don't think that's right. the clutch is a nice piece but the pressure plate is made from daikin and has their logo on it which means its a stock pressure plate with a 6 puck "performance" disc. so far I'm not too pleased with the cost of the clutch and I don't even get a performance pressure plate. maybe I'm missing something but I really feel like I got the short end of the stick here. I guess I'll find out how well it holds up when I install it

You must be new to the clutch aftermarket world. No clutch manufacture (SPEC, KY, ACT, Clutch Masters, etc.) stamp the pressure plates, that would just be dumb. They all use LUK, Dakin, etc OEM stampings. What you DONT see is that the springs inside and piviot points changed from the stock form. SPEC charges even more than KY for example for this same process. It is NOT just a off the shelf pressure plate. It has been modified. Should have purchased a SPEC and paid much more, for equal or less quality... So no idea how you can say you dont even get a performance pressure plate?!?!

Furthermore we only charge $25.00 for shipping to the lower 48 states, which after insurance this is what it cost us. No idea why you thoss out $45, as that is NOT what we charge. Sounds like a lot of complaining with very little knowledge of the situation.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:18 AM
Just ran a UPS shipping rate, to compare to our $25.00 shipping rate:

Ship To:
15063 UNITED STATES
Residential
Ship From:
40109 UNITED STATES
Commercial
Shipment Date:
Monday, August 19, 2013

UPS Ground
Latest Pickup Time:
2:00 P.M. Monday
August 19, 2013

Schedule by :
1:00 P.M. Days In Transit: 2

Delivered By:
By End of Day Wednesday
August 21, 2013
Guaranteed 26.41 USD *
Billable Weight:
15.0 lbs.

Ordered from us and we would have been cheaper in shipping, than we would have paid UPS.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:00 PM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:I'm just curious why a 15 lb clutch shipped directly from ky clutch in Kentucky to my home costed me 45 dollars for shipping when ups only charges 18 dollars for it. someone's making a cut on the shipping and I don't think that's right. the clutch is a nice piece but the pressure plate is made from daikin and has their logo on it which means its a stock pressure plate with a 6 puck "performance" disc. so far I'm not too pleased with the cost of the clutch and I don't even get a performance pressure plate. maybe I'm missing something but I really feel like I got the short end of the stick here. I guess I'll find out how well it holds up when I install it

Let me know how the clutch works for you. I am looking at the same clutch for my Cav

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:10 PM
45 was a typo I apologize. I meant to say 25.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:42 PM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:45 was a typo I apologize. I meant to say 25.

Alright Sounds good.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Sunday, August 18, 2013 1:43 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:

Let me know how the clutch works for you. I am looking at the same clutch for my Cav

I have run many clutch kits over the years, hands down for the price you cannot beat the KY Clutch Price/Quality.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:57 PM
I'm looking at getting one like this week.

Cant decide between Stage 2 or Stage 3.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:38 PM
Get the stage 3, it is just a few more dollars, yet you are not pushing it right to the limits. Stage 3 should last longer as you put less stress on it, as it can handle more.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search