LN2/LD9/Eco flywheel bolt pattern. Someone have one laying around to measure? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LN2/LD9/Eco flywheel bolt pattern. Someone have one laying around to measure?
Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:56 PM
I just need to distance center to center of the the holes. Please and thanks!

Re: LN2/LD9/Eco flywheel bolt pattern. Someone have one laying around to measure?
Tuesday, April 02, 2013 5:37 PM
Nobody? This makes me a sad panda.

Re: LN2/LD9/Eco flywheel bolt pattern. Someone have one laying around to measure?
Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:53 AM
Gimme a week and I'll be able to get those .measurements for u. I'm currently 3 hours away in another state!

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, April 04, 2013 3:41 PM
Thanks a lot man!

Friday, April 05, 2013 5:26 AM
The crank holes or the clutch holes? Do you need the bolt circle dia of them, or the distance between the holes in each bolt circle? I have an LN2 flywheel (which is actually the same as the 2.0, 2.8, and 3.1, and can be used on a 3x00, so all those crank holes are the same). I can do it this weekend.

Monday, April 08, 2013 2:59 PM
The crank holes. I need the bolt circle diameter. Its a 6 bolt so center to center straight across would be the same. Im trying to match it with an LS4 crank bolt pattern.

Monday, April 15, 2013 7:50 AM
I couldn't find my spare flywheel. I know I have it somewhere. I just moved so it might not have gotten unpacked yet. I'll check again this weekend.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:17 PM
Good deal. No hurry. Just one of those funny ideas I have kicking around in my head from time to time.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:54 PM
after a 5 second search in google

http://www.gmtuners.com/LS4/swap2.htm

LS4 DoD 4T65e fiero wrote:but it does have the FWD torque converter bolt pattern (for the larger, 258mm converter like the 3800 SC engines use).

this solves at least half your problem.

worth noting: the starter is mounted on the transmission.

if you want to use this with a manual transmission, where/how are you going to mount the starter?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:03 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:...worth noting: the starter is mounted on the transmission.

if you want to use this with a manual transmission, where/how are you going to mount the starter?
Who needs a starter if you've got a manual? Just always make sure to park it on a hill.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:58 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) wrote:after a 5 second search in google

http://www.gmtuners.com/LS4/swap2.htm

LS4 DoD 4T65e fiero wrote:but it does have the FWD torque converter bolt pattern (for the larger, 258mm converter like the 3800 SC engines use).

this solves at least half your problem.

worth noting: the starter is mounted on the transmission.

Thats the torque converter bolt pattern. I need the crank bolt pattern as stated above. I spent at least 5 hours over two days searching here and Google. I'm sure if Google had my answer I would have found it.

There's a nice 3 page thread that I have running in Third Gen thats addresses most of the mechanical concerns for this swap. if you'd like to read through it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:02 PM

Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:04 PM
I found it, but I didn't have a tape with me to measure it. I can get it out again this weekend.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 8:46 PM
Eco is ~69.45 mm, with a bore of ~39.29 mm, and outside diameter of ~282.58 mm

I unfortunately could not find my spare LD9 flexplate, if I do find it, I'll make sure to grab the measurements.

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:18 PM
Youre killing me Nic! Haha. LS looks like its 78.75mm.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 1:00 PM
LN2/3x00/etc- bolt circle ~52.3mm, crank hole ~28.6mm

That's as close as I could get with my tape, I didn't have calipers with me.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 8:50 PM
Cool. Thanks a lot dude. I didnt figure we were going to get lucky with a factory J flywheel but at least the info is here now.

Just need an LD9 now.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search