clutch dropped to floor, engages half inch from floor - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch dropped to floor, engages half inch from floor
Monday, September 02, 2013 2:12 PM
so i was driving and my clutch dropped to the floor. it sticks to the floor to but acts like its out when its down there, only when i press on it really hard is when i can put it in a gear and it will engage less then half inch off the floor. theres no pressure when i push on it and i have to pull it out my self.

so 2 problems that might of caused this prior.
1-around the housing of the trans under the car it has been leaking for about a month. i dont believe it was trans fluid because i changed it a year ago so it still should have a pink color to it, and its the exact same color as my oil on my dip stick and odor.

2- i put in a aftermarket intake 2 weeks ago and i zip tied my reservoir to the cars frame its kind of loose but not loose enough to flip or anything.

so would u think the leak around the housing where the slave cyl is caused this. or my master cyl went. or just maybe air just got in from moving my reservoir and i need to just bleed it?

2004 cavalier ls sport z24 ecotec

Re: clutch dropped to floor, engages half inch from floor
Monday, September 02, 2013 2:15 PM
i forgot to add in that the clutch fluid is still full so i know thats not leaking
Re: clutch dropped to floor, engages half inch from floor
Wednesday, September 04, 2013 11:42 AM
slaves prob out. mine did that while driving home from work a long time ago. was losing fluid like crazy when i looked under it, even when id fill it up thinking i could limp it home. Wouldnt hold fluid long enough to even get it into a different gear.
trannys gotta come out!

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search