Cobalt transmission vs cavalier transmission - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cobalt transmission vs cavalier transmission
Sunday, July 24, 2016 8:28 AM
I would like to know if there is any difference between the F23 transmission of the cavalier vs the F23 transmission of the cobalt?
Like any difference whatsoever?

I have bought 2, not 1, but 2 KY clutch kit and they are not meant for the cobalt F23 transmission. They don't hold power at all. I bought 2 thinking the first was defective.
So if it its really for the cavalier F23 then there has to be a difference. Just wondering.

By a reliable source, found out that KY does not do a well of a job for cobalt F23 transmission.

One kit have ~5k miles and the other has less than 500 miles I would say.
Thank you in advance.

Re: Cobalt transmission vs cavalier transmission
Sunday, July 24, 2016 8:34 AM
I'm trying to look for a clutch for the cobalt other than exedy (that thing is harsh lol, even though I got use to)
But trying to look for another alternative.
To hold ~300wtq
And I'm writing here to see if anyone have different choice from the ones I have found already.

Sunday, July 24, 2016 6:31 PM
I kn ow mounting points are different, Also flywheels are different. I have a KY clutch on my F23 and love it. I know of a Ecotec F23 with a KY with great sucess. Did you speak to them?

FU Tuning

Monday, July 25, 2016 5:04 AM
No, I haven't.
I don't know if you know John Powell, from Powell raceshop, he mentioned that KY didn't get it right for the cobalt.
I will contact KY and see what they say.

Monday, July 25, 2016 3:52 PM
DOnt know him, just know a friend who called them about his spec clutch, sent it to them, they tested it, rebuilt it, turned the flywheel and shipped back for $200 and it was hold 300whp no problem.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search