BM Shiftplus Install With Pictures #70380 - Page 10 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BM Shiftplus Install With Pictures #70380
Sunday, March 25, 2007 12:35 PM
I spliced in with the red wire to the side of the light blue one, not under the light blue one....any idea why they both work? Or what exactly each wire is for?

Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:39 PM
Lance Sharpe wrote:I spliced in with the red wire to the side of the light blue one, not under the light blue one....any idea why they both work? Or what exactly each wire is for?

If you use the wrong one you WILL get a check engine light. Not immediately tho. It was the cause of many headaches for me.

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:33 PM
That's all? Oh well, no biggie then.

Monday, May 07, 2007 11:34 PM
Lance Sharpe wrote:Install on 2.4l engine...

Now let's say the zip tie is the wire you are splicing into, and you can also see the RED wire coming from the shift plus going into the connector, this is how it all comes together...

Sorry if this is a stupid question.. Do you strip the red/black wires to expose the actual wires first before you slip it in the pink connector? If not, would there be enough contact using the supplied connectors? It seems like it could be pulled apart easily.

Thanks a lot..
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:29 PM
^^ nvm. installed it. works perfectly.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007 6:37 PM
ScreamSayonara wrote:Ok, the reason I can't feel the 1-2 shift is because the trannsmission isn't shifting from 1-2 It stays in 2nd no matter what. I don't know what the hell to do. I've tried everything I can think of...

Hey there,
That is what I am trying to get my car to do is stay in second. I race Autocross with the car and every time I hit it coming out of a corner it downshifts from second to first and than back. I run with it in second and let it upshift. It is the downshift I am trying to get rid of.
Rhyno
Saturday, August 11, 2007 4:37 PM
Alright igot my b&M shiftplus the other day. I tried hooking it up to the pcm like the instructions stated. THe only problem is, i have a 2003 chevy cavalier 2.2L ecotec. it ran great hooked up like that i could definitely feel the difference, but i got a check engine light on stage 1 and 2. I think my mistake was i should hook it up to the tranmission plug wiring, am i correct? Also, do i have to cut the wires, or can i just use the connecters that came with it squeen them down and they will make connection but the other end of the wire will still be connected. bringing this back from the dead, i know.

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!
Monday, September 10, 2007 8:15 AM
Quick question... I may have missed this somewhere in this thread already, but do the changes between Off, Stage1 and Stage2 have to be done while the car is off, or can it be running?

Getting ready to install mine this week on my '00 2.4L, can't wait to see how well it works.

---
Thanks!

Shinigami
Monday, September 10, 2007 8:27 AM
I know with my 95 you can change between stages while driving down the road with no noticeable problems. I think 96+ cars are touchier though.

Monday, September 10, 2007 2:21 PM
Ian S wrote:Quick question... I may have missed this somewhere in this thread already, but do the changes between Off, Stage1 and Stage2 have to be done while the car is off, or can it be running?

Getting ready to install mine this week on my '00 2.4L, can't wait to see how well it works.

---
Thanks!

Shinigami

most need to have the car switched off for the changes to take effect

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:57 AM
Excellent, thank you. I appreciate the info!

Just installed it yesterday, everything seems to be working great. Engine/Tranny seems to be running louder after the install.

----
Thanks!

- Ian

Thursday, September 13, 2007 6:11 PM
just wanted to say it is possible to slice the wire more towards the ecu in the back of the car. Not only at the tranny just make sure its the right ones.

- 2003 CHEVY CAVALIER LS SPORT ECOTEC -

- Current Mods -
-- Vibrant Exhaust & DC Sport Header --
-- Lower Motor Mount & TTR Upper Motor Mount --
-- B&M ShiftPlus & Vibrant Front STB --
-- K&N Typhoon Short Ram Intake --

RIP DAD<3 We love & miss you so much!
Friday, December 07, 2007 12:08 PM
does anybody know what the wires that you use are called on a wiring diagram. I have an ecotec and would like to tap into it on the harness as it runs up along the firewall. thanks

Friday, December 21, 2007 8:49 AM
IS THIS THE RED WITH BLACK LINE WIRE THAT WE NEED?

S
RED/BLK
Input Speed Sensor (ISS) High Signal

aND THIS IS THE LIGHT BLUE ONE

D
LT BLU/WHT
PC Solenoid Valve Low Control

Sunday, February 10, 2008 2:14 PM
question... in the pictures on the last page. Where you/he is hooking that up. Is it in the same place as a 2.2l Eco? thank you. I cant seem to find it. Once i do it should be a cake walk from there.
Sunday, February 10, 2008 4:31 PM
the connector on th 4sp auto is in the same place on all of them... its on the front side of the tranny, between the battery and the starter.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:43 PM
its the same plug on the 4t40e for all the cars that have it.

Friday, May 09, 2008 11:21 AM
I really feel bad for bringing this back to life, but I have a few issues. I currently installed the B&M into my 05 Cobalt LS. Heres what I ran into:

Theres no red/black wire....but there are TWO orange black wires.

I have it all installed, and I took it out for a spin, I feel NO difference. Can someone help me trouble shoot whats going on? I think I might have a bad connection, or spliced the wrong wires. I'll take pictures later so you guys can double check my install.

deleted
Saturday, May 10, 2008 7:49 AM
nevermind. I fixed it, I directly spliced the B&M and got everything workin

deleted
Saturday, May 17, 2008 11:10 PM
Whats up yea well I'm new to the site. But i need some help i have a 96 v8 mustang gt 4.6l and i was wondering if anyone here had pictures on how to install it into a mustang. I just do not wanna mess it up. But i do want to do it myself so if anyone can help me out here very much appreciated!
Monday, June 16, 2008 3:04 PM
did mine and i dont see any diff in its shift

ShowOff Customz
03 Cavalier
73 Beetle
68 Fairlane 500

Monday, August 18, 2008 5:45 PM
i tapped in the red wire from the shift plus to the red and black wire directlly next to the light blue wire is that correct?

Monday, August 18, 2008 6:18 PM
Yeah, but make sure you get the RIGHT red/black

Monday, August 18, 2008 7:35 PM
thats what i was asking if i got the rite one ... one wire is directly next to the blue wire and the other is a little lower

Monday, November 03, 2008 10:20 AM
The instructions show tapping into the wire right next to the blue one. I did this but not noticing any difference on either setting

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search