BM Shiftplus Install With Pictures #70380 - Page 13 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: BM Shiftplus Install With Pictures #70380
Thursday, April 22, 2010 10:41 PM
is the wireing diagram going to be the same on a 2005 cavalier

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 2:49 PM
Installed on 04 Sunfire, works great. Chirps the tires into 2nd gear. used the supplied connectors, all i did was strip off about 1/16" of the insulation on each wire and put it there.
Monday, June 21, 2010 10:26 AM
We have more in stock!

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:13 PM
hay guys a little help here please i saw the photos of the plug where the shiftplus gets hooked up to but my plug is different my plug on my 1997 cavalier 2.2 3t40 trans only has 2 wires coming off of the plug will it work on my car?????

Sunday, September 26, 2010 10:57 AM
if you read just the first page of this post you would know that the shiftplus is only for the 4 speed auto transmissions. not the 3 speed.

srry, not trying to be a dick but it's right there.

Thursday, November 04, 2010 10:17 PM
just curious, does the shiftkit make it feel like the car is in "limp mode" if so forget it lol. My IAT sensor went bad and I had to deal with the limp mode for about 3 hours and I couldnt stand it!!

Proud owner: 2002 Cavalier Sedan 2200SFI LN2 4-speed auto.Slowest compact car, only designed for school and groceries.

Saturday, November 06, 2010 2:31 AM
I just did some research on the shiftkits, do not get it, it is a 0.25 cent resister. its a scam.

Proud owner: 2002 Cavalier Sedan 2200SFI LN2 4-speed auto.Slowest compact car, only designed for school and groceries.

Saturday, November 06, 2010 3:08 AM
Psoutrage wrote:I just did some research on the shiftkits, do not get it, it is a 0.25 cent resister. its a scam.

god you are dumb, just quit spamming our board with your ignorance. MANY MANY MANY have run the shift plus, I did on my old cav and it worked FLAWLESSLY. stop speing ignorance.

Saturday, November 06, 2010 2:58 PM
yeah dude..

works awesome, selectable settings, and the option to turn it off.. it was the only thing that made my auto tolerable.

** FOR SALE** http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=24&i=110879&t=110879
Saturday, November 06, 2010 4:47 PM
ExESIVEFIRE wrote:it was the only thing that made my auto tolerable.

This
Tuesday, November 30, 2010 3:38 PM
The setup is the same for all cavaliers and sunfires and cobalts with the auto tranny 4T40E/4T45E....... but be warned it can cause trouble for you down the road..... have seen about 4 that were installed correctly...... but set code po748 (Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Control Circuit)....... below is a GM bulletin that is for that code so if you have one and it is working fine you might want to remove it before it causes damage, and if you are looking to get one i would think hard about it...... all the shift kit does is up the pressure in the lines to give harder shift hence people stated OMG I chirp in second....... but in all reality It doesn't help out that much..... basic bolt ons will give you more power with the scare off breaking stuff..................

The powertrain control module (PCM) uses the pressure control (PC) solenoid valve in order to regulate the transmission line pressure. The PC solenoid valve consists of an electrical connector, a coil, an armature, a regulating spring, and a poppet valve. The PC solenoid valve is attached to the control valve body. The PCM compares TP voltage, fluid temperature, gear states, and other inputs in order to determine the line pressure appropriate for a given load. The PCM regulates the pressure by applying a varying amperage to the PC solenoid valve. The applied amperage varies from 0.1 amps for maximum line pressure to 1.1 amps for minimum line pressure. The PCM then monitors the amperage at the return line.

When the PCM detects a continuous open, short to ground or short to voltage in the PC solenoid valve circuit, then DTC P0748 sets. DTC P0748 is a type C DTC.

DTC Descriptor
This diagnostic procedure supports the following DTC:

DTC P0748 Pressure Control (PC) Solenoid Control Circuit

Conditions for Running the DTC
The engine is running.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
The PCM detects a continuous short to ground, open, or short to voltage in the PC solenoid or the PC solenoid circuits.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
• The PCM does not illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL).

• The PCM commands maximum line pressure.

• The PCM freezes transmission adaptive functions.

• The PCM records the operating conditions when the Conditions for Setting the DTC are met. The PCM stores this information as Failure Records.

• The PCM stores DTC P0748 in PCM history.

Conditions for Clearing the DTC
• A scan tool can clear the DTC.

• The PCM clears the DTC from PCM history if the vehicle completes 40 warm-up cycles without a non-emission-related diagnostic fault occurring.

• The PCM cancels the DTC default actions when the ignition switch is OFF long enough in order to power down the PCM.

Test Description
The numbers below refer to the step numbers on the diagnostic table.

This step verifies the ability of the PCM to command the PC solenoid valve.

This step verifies that the automatic transmission wiring harness and the PC solenoid valve have correct resistance.

Step
Action
Value(s)
Yes
No

Did you perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle?
--
Go to Step 2
Go to Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information

Install a scan tool.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Important: Before clearing the DTC, use the scan tool in order to record the Failure Records. Using the Clear Info function erases the Failure Records from the PCM.

Record the DTC Failure Records.
Clear the DTC.
Start the engine.
Using the scan tool, apply 0.1 amps through 1.0 amps.
Observe the scan tool display.
Does the PC Sol. Actual Current differ from the PC Sol. Ref. Current by more than the specified amount?
0.16 amps
Go to Step 3
Go to Intermittent Conditions in Engine Controls - 2.2L (L61)

Turn OFF the ignition.
Disconnect the AT inline 20-way connector. Additional DTCs may set.
Install the J 44152 jumper harness (20 pins) on the transmission side of the AT inline 20-way connector.
Using the DMM and the J 35616 GM-approved terminal test kit, measure the resistance between the PC solenoid valve high control and low control circuits of the J 44152 .
Refer to Automatic Transmission Inline 20-Way Connector End View.

Is the resistance within the specified range?
3-7 Ω
Go to Step 7
Go to Step 4

Is the resistance greater than the specified value?
7 Ω
Go to Step 5
Go to Step 6

Test the high control circuit of the PC solenoid valve for an open between the AT inline 20-way connector and the PC solenoid valve.
Test the low control circuit of the PC solenoid valve for an open between the AT inline 20-way connector and the PC solenoid valve.
Refer to Testing for Continuity in Wiring Systems.

Did you find a condition?
--
Go to Step 19
Go to Step 20

Test the high control circuit and the low control circuit of the PC solenoid valve for being shorted together between the AT inline 20-way connector and the PC solenoid valve.

Refer to Circuit Testing in Wiring Systems.

--
Go to Step 19
Go to Step 20

Measure the resistance from the PC solenoid valve high control circuit of the J 44152 to ground.

Is the resistance less than the specified value?
1,000 Ω
Go to Step 8
Go to Step 9

Test the high control circuit of the PC solenoid valve for a short to ground between the AT inline 20-way connector and the PC solenoid valve.
Test the low control circuit of the PC solenoid valve for a short to ground between the AT inline 20-way connector and the PC solenoid valve.
Refer to Testing for Short to Ground in Wiring Systems.

--
Go to Step 19
Go to Step 20

Measure the resistance between the PC solenoid valve high control circuit and all other terminals except the PC solenoid valve low control circuit of the J 44152 .

10 Ω
Go to Step 19
Go to Step 10

Disconnect the J 44152 from the transmission side of the AT inline 20-way connector.
Install the J 44152 on the engine side of the AT inline 20-way connector.
Disconnect PCM connector C2. Additional DTCs may set.
Using the DMM and the J 35616 , measure the resistance from the PC solenoid valve low control circuit of the J 44152 to ground.

10 Ω
Go to Step 11
Go to Step 12

Test the low control circuit of the PC solenoid valve for a short to ground between the PCM connector C2 and the AT inline 20-way connector.

Refer to Testing for Short to Ground and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?
--
Go to Step 22
--

Using the DMM and the J 35616 , measure the resistance of the PC solenoid valve low control circuit between the J 44152 and the PCM connector C2.

10 Ω
Go to Step 14
Go to Step 13

Test the low control circuit of the PC solenoid valve for an open between the PCM connector C2 and the AT inline 20-way connector.

Refer to Testing for Continuity and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

--
Go to Step 22
--

Using the DMM and the J 35616 , measure the resistance from the PC solenoid valve high control circuit of the J 44152 to a good ground.

10 Ω
Go to Step 15
Go to Step 16

Test the high control circuit of the PC solenoid valve for a short to ground between the PCM connector C2 and the AT inline 20-way connector.

Refer to Testing for Short to Ground and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

--
Go to Step 22
--

Using the DMM and the J 35616 , measure the resistance of the PC solenoid valve high control circuit between the J 44152 and the PCM connector C2.

10 Ω
Go to Step 17
Go to Step 18

Test the high control circuit and the low control circuit of the PC solenoid for a short to voltage.

Refer to Testing for a Short to Voltage and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

--
Go to Step 22
Go to Step 21

Test the high control circuit of the PC solenoid valve for an open between the PCM connector C2 and the AT inline 20-way connector.

Refer to Testing for Continuity and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

--
Go to Step 22
--

Replace the automatic transmission wiring harness.

Refer to Wiring Harness Replacement.

Did you complete the replacement?
--
Go to Step 22
--

Replace the PC solenoid valve.

Refer to Pressure Control Solenoid Valve Replacement.

--
Go to Step 22
--

Replace the PCM.

Refer to Control Module References in Computer/Integrating Systems for replacement, setup, and programming.

--
Go to Step 22
--

Perform the following procedure in order to verify the repair:

Select DTC.
Select Clear Info.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Select Specific DTC.
Enter DTC P0748.
Has the test run and passed?
--
Go to Step 23
Go to Step 2

With the scan tool, observe the stored information, capture info and DTC info.

Does the scan tool display any DTCs that you have not diagnosed?
--
Go to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle in Vehicle DTC Information
System OK

Everytime someone buys Rota's Baby Jesus cry's.

Thursday, December 09, 2010 12:10 PM
I ordered one of these off summit and I have a few questions. ( #70380 )

My Car: 2003 Chevy Cavalier 2.2L L4 EcoTec L61 F Vin ( Not sure which trans )

1. Even though it says 93 to 98 on the package will it work with my car?

2. What is the best way to splice them without soldering, I am very bad at it.
Saturday, June 04, 2011 4:16 PM
okay, i had this part hooked up for i guess around a week now, and ive checked over 5 times to make sure the wires are all wired to the correct wires and i cannot tell a difference.. am i doing something wrong? or did i just waste me money?
Saturday, June 04, 2011 6:12 PM
Did you turn it to the different settings and still feel no difference. #2 should be VERY noticeable.

Saturday, June 04, 2011 6:30 PM
i havent noticed anything.. and idk why, i have th ered wire the the redwire with the black stripe that is to the right of the light blue wire, i have the black wire to the light blue wire... this thread has to different things on it.. page one has a different set up then the pics on page nine and it got me confused.. when i look on other websites people have it the way the guy posts on page nine so thats what i have it hooked up like and i feel no difference. and before i had it hooked up like the guy on page one and i felt no difference there... im not sure. i need to flush my tranny fluid and get a new filter soon and maybe after that ill feel it
Monday, April 01, 2013 8:07 PM
Post is stickied so I'm not worried about Necro'ing, Does anyone have the images saved that they can re-up to Imgur.com so they dont disappear after afew months? Knowing my luck i'd splice into the wrong harness...

Saturday, October 03, 2015 7:09 PM
Any chance we can get the photos reposted?
Wednesday, December 07, 2016 4:58 PM
wow, been 10 years since i've been here, omg time flies, shockingly i still have the photo's

Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

Attachments
2.jpg (456k)
1.jpg (408k)
3.jpg (395k)

Its not how fast your car goes....its how much nerve the driver has to push it that fast.
Friday, December 09, 2016 1:26 PM
Thanks for posting Bill. It has been a while for me as well.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search