getrag trany problems?? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getrag trany problems??
Sunday, August 20, 2006 4:57 PM
Hi im new to posting but i read your post all the time but now i need some help i have a 2004 2,2 ecotec and my clutch is stuck down it will come up if i pull it up with my foot but when i try to press it down again it sticks. i looked for an answer on here and other sites and all I could find was about mats stoping it from working right i read about there might be air in the lines if this is the problem how can i blead it

thanks all
Darren

Re: getrag trany problems??
Sunday, August 20, 2006 9:10 PM
remove the floor mats. problem solved lmao.

I had the same problem. I had no idea what was going on, but then I looked down and the clutch was stuck to the mat. I have my mats but I move them back so they clutch doesnt get stuck every time I enter my car.
Monday, August 21, 2006 10:25 AM
Its not my mats bc when i just lightly step on my clutch it falls there is no pressure behind the clutch to make it come back up
Monday, August 21, 2006 12:47 PM
Do you have any clutch fluid in the reservoir under the hood?

Monday, August 21, 2006 8:44 PM
ya today i bled the fluid and now it works but is more like a spongy brake but i can drive my car a little but still not like it is normal
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 5:00 PM
Check the line that connects to the fluid resevoir (right where it connects to the resevoir). It is a crappy design and after time and mile start to suck air in. I put a small hose clamp on mine to solve my issues.

FU Tuning

Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:23 PM
bleed the clutch (3 pumps, hold pedal down, open the bleeder, close) do that about 4 times.

if that doesnt help the clutch line is losing pressure somehow. the pedal returns because of pressure in the line pushing the pedal back up.

if you look in the top of the resevoir when you lift the pedal it should squirt a little fluid up, if there could be more air in the system.

14.82 @ 97 mph
Monday, August 28, 2006 4:33 PM
also what does your fluid look like? I had a seal go bad in the resivor on my 04 and had little black things floating around in the fluid and had a tiny leak you couldnt tell was there besides the fact the fluid was slowly sinking. Being an 04 do u still have a warranty?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search