Favorite Tire Shine - Page 2 - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Favorite Tire Shine
Friday, May 06, 2005 7:47 AM
Meguiars NXT and Turtle Wax tire wax. regarding sling after appliying I try and do the tires late in the day and let them sit over night. if i can't wait that long, i go over the shine with a slightly wet sponge to get the excess and it prevents the sling.

03 fire. Yeah's it's an ECO.

Friday, May 06, 2005 2:13 PM
Michael Eibs wrote:
Emor8t wrote:im tired of using tire shine, i use meguirs as well and im tired of washing my car puttting on the tire shine, then washing the goo off after i drive it.

So is there any amount of time that you guys let yours "dry" that it doesn't get all over the paint? Because I to am tired of seeing the stuff all over the side of my car after I drive around and thats even letting them dry for like an hour and a half. Not trying to jack the tread but thought I would ask...

Later

I wash my car before i finish drying it is dry the tires....Go around a put a layer or 2 of tire shine...

finish drying my car - Go inside Take a shower -
Go for a ride it's usually about 30 min. or so...letting the tire shine sit...

The longer the better!!

www.teamexoticimage.com / myspace.com/02on19s

Friday, May 06, 2005 2:42 PM
I usually use a damp rag to take the excess off before I drive it. Since I've been taking that step, I haven't had any sling at all.
Saturday, May 07, 2005 12:59 AM
DEFFINETLY BLACK MAGIC
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 12:35 PM
I use Eagle One. Just spray it on and your done! And besides, it's probably not as expensive as meguiars.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch
Tuesday, May 10, 2005 4:25 PM
X-evo wrote:meguiars NXT line is THE best thing for cars. period.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 12:19 PM
I think the Black Magic Tint is the best, but only in silver. Also once the aplicator was saturated enough I just sprayed armorall on it and used that. I had a bottle last me a couple of years. The red tint looks pink and it takes forever to come off.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:56 PM
Ran an experiment the other day. I sprayed the Meguiar's on and let it sit for about 30 minutes and then went for a drive. I accelerated hard around a few turns specifically to check for sling- nuthin. Not a drop on the side skirts or wheel wells, so Meguiar's Hot Tire shine is definately the way to go for me.

I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but at least I'm a pretty color
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:57 PM
black magic.....

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:41 PM
I've found Eagle 1 to be the best I've tried. Black magic was crap, didn't last long. Meguiars hot something was crap, and some others were weak too. I'm gonna try Meguiars NXT since its highly rated here. But Eagle 1 and you can't go wrong...

And this "sling" is funny to hear about, I never notice any on mine.

-----------
Words that you can't use in modding: Finished, Perfect, Cheap.
Thursday, May 12, 2005 6:47 AM
I'm just starting to use armorall, lol its not shining, but its got a medioacre look to it and IMO looks better than a greasy look and feel.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:50 PM
Eagle One all the way man!..Lasts quit awhile.
Saturday, May 14, 2005 6:36 PM
~ *_(Samantha)_ *~ wrote:
Dwn Dak wrote:
But I also like Meguires aresol can with the adjustable tire sidewall height. Large, Meduim, and low profile.. Works awsome on both my 35 series 18" tires on my truck, and my 50 series 16" tires on my Hyundai....

^This one is also my favorite.

exactly, later

pic coming soon

"Live Life To The Fullest" "Customize Everything"
Saturday, May 14, 2005 9:27 PM
plain armorall will turn ur tires brown..lol

Saturday, May 14, 2005 10:12 PM
GoOoOch is right, that happened to my dads truck lol. And its not even a nice shade of brown...if there is one.

((I don't have a lead-foot, But i wear steel-toes.))
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search