Show me your 5 spoke wheels - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Show me your 5 spoke wheels
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 9:59 AM
I was going to get 18" TSW Vortexes, unfortunately they only come in a +35 offset which I have been told will stick out enough to look bad and may rub as well. I would rather get wheels that are going to fit the car properly so they don't look weird or anything. I need your guys' help, please post pictures of your 5 spoke wheels, preferably ones that look as close as possible to the TSW Vortex (pictured below). Thanks in advance .

Re: Show me your 5 spoke wheels
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:10 AM
racing hart c5's are amazing IMO. someone is sellign a set too, Mark Z A or something

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:14 AM
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:04 AM

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 11:42 AM
Thanks for the help guys. I have been searching different wheel sites for the past couple hours and I found a wheel that I really like. I think it will go really well with the simple look of the rest of the car.

18" silver Liquid Metal Static

On a side note, does anyone have any information on Liquid Metal wheels? Are they crap? Are they good? Any information on them is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:32 PM
No idea man but my tsw, similar to what you selected first ride real well
Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:06 PM
Sunfires need 5 spokes, best rims for em, period. See my registry or cardomain for mine. As for the liquid metal ones, look like one of those discount tire off brands. I know some people who have had great luck with theirs and some who have bent em to crap.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 4:21 PM
I like Dave Dunsmoor's wheels. CSA 324's I believe.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 7:44 PM
Most of the 18" x 8" wheels that I've seen for j-bodies have a +35 offset. From my calculations, it looks like this size wheel will stick out 1" further away from the car and 1/2" further into the fender well than the stock 16's.

I recently bought this same size wheel/offset, but I haven't had the chance to put them on the car yet to see how they look. I was thinking they would match up good with the rear fender since the stockers are kinda sunken in, but I was hoping to get some Toyota fenders so the front wheels won't stick out as much.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 12:40 PM

Motegi DPK hyperblack 18"

Thursday, June 22, 2006 1:13 PM
Garett Pelletier wrote:

are those the MB boost wheels??

GO PATS!!!

Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:03 PM
Nex-o PX5's

Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:44 PM
the px5's and the mb boosts are the two i've been trying to decide on...been trying to decide for almost a month now.

GO PATS!!!
Thursday, June 22, 2006 6:09 PM
Anyone have the Nex-O SS-5 or Exel GT-S? I'm undecided on those and really curious what they'll look like...
Thursday, June 22, 2006 7:17 PM
Thanks again for all the help guys. I really appreciate it. After much searching for the "right wheels" I have decided to stick with my gut instinct and get the wheels that I have always loved... Motegi MR7s. Yes, I know everyone has them and they're played out and blah blah blah, but I don't care. They are clean and simple which is exactly what I am looking for. They are a great wheel made by a very reputable company that can be found for cheap and they will fit properly so I can still get 18s. There is also the fact that they come in a silver color which matches almost perfectly the color of my car which is what I want. I don't want chrome or hyper silver or any of those other weird colors. I want plain old silver. Again, I really appreciate all the pictures and information. Thanks so much.

On a bit of a side note, I want to send a "shout out" to bjerke_21. I was looking at his Car Domain page today and it inspired me to stick with my gut instinct and get some 18" silver Motegi MR7s. Thanks .

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:37 PM
haha to tell you the truth i feel honored that somebody notices my car..thanks for the lovin

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:40 PM
RSS Kama 17's.

ALT Echos 17's.

I dont like 5 spokes , do i? .

Thursday, June 22, 2006 8:47 PM
check my sig.. enkei rs5 17"

Sunday, June 25, 2006 11:54 AM
SS-5 or GT-S come on!! Ha, anyone?
Sunday, June 25, 2006 8:12 PM
check out my sig stock 16s LOL

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/819414
Monday, June 26, 2006 12:39 PM
Double A-Ron(dirty J) wrote:check out my sig stock 16s LOL

i actually wish i still had my stock 16's. i'm paint 'em gunmetal on the inside and color match the front of the spokes to my car...

GO PATS!!!

Monday, June 26, 2006 2:54 PM

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Monday, June 26, 2006 6:56 PM
JuggaloZeke wrote:I like Dave Dunsmoor's wheels. CSA 324's I believe.

those would look pretty sweet on your s/f

Monday, June 26, 2006 8:31 PM
please search

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:41 PM
I have Tenzo RS-5's and love them to death.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search