Wheels that fit Wilwood Front Kit - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheels that fit Wilwood Front Kit
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 10:57 PM
Has anyone found a set of 16s that fit over the Wilwood fronts? I am looking for a set of wheels to mount some DRs to....

Re: Wheels that fit Wilwood Front Kit
Tuesday, October 21, 2008 11:13 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=132423&t=132423#132423

Best I could cross reference, a VW Beetle should work as well... haven't had a day off during the week to go to the local JY to get a pair for testing

Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:02 PM
talk to Fetter, he found some aluminum rims that clear

Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:08 PM
thanks for the info guys....ill get to checking out everything

who is fetter? is he on often?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, October 23, 2008 1:11 PM

Friday, October 24, 2008 5:49 AM
I think Fetter was running 16" Maxxim Advance wheels. I was looking into getting a set of them in 17s.

Friday, October 24, 2008 6:12 PM
I'd be willing to bet most aftermarket 16" wheels will fit.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, October 25, 2008 7:24 PM
Shadowfire wrote:I think Fetter was running 16" Maxxim Advance wheels. I was looking into getting a set of them in 17s.

yep

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=3&i=128987&t=125871#128987

Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:35 PM
EVOFire {DesertTuners} wrote:Has anyone found a set of 16s that fit over the Wilwood fronts? I am looking for a set of wheels to mount some DRs to....

X2.. Do anyone got a good anwser to this question yet?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Thursday, October 15, 2009 8:12 PM
i run maxxim advance 16s but they are discontinued, i run 15"bogarts on slicks but those are $420 apiece, you could try some rota slips, i thought about getting those because you can get them in 16x8"

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Thursday, October 15, 2009 9:38 PM
I would and should get the rota slips but the offset is so high tire and rim may not clear on the 16x8. I kind of hate I got the wilwood kit now because of rim and tire problem I keep running into. I need some slicks for how much power i'll be pushing. The bogarts you running are 15in. rims and fit over the wilwoods?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Monday, October 26, 2009 4:17 PM
I am looking for some steelies also that will clear it for winter. No luck yet!

Thursday, December 03, 2009 4:41 PM
Get ahold of diamond racing wheels for 16's and 15's that will clear the wilwoods. Very nice price!

They have different designs, I personally like the "D" shaped vent windows like in the pics below.

http://www.diamondracingwheels.com/brakecaliper.html

The brake measurements are quite simple to take. You need a straight edge and a tape measure. Put the straight edge on the outside of the caliper and measure to the center of the hub. We will double this measurement to determine the diameter of your brake package.

Take the straight edge and place it against the hub in between the studs and slide it out to the caliper. Tell us if the caliper is inboard or outboard of the mounting surface.

This will tell us what you need in order for the wheel to clear your brakes.

some pics-

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search