bolt pattern - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bolt pattern
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 5:57 AM
hey im a total newb when it comes to tires what type of bolt pattern is the stock 2005 pontiac sunfire rims? for tire size 195/60/15

Re: bolt pattern
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 6:03 AM
5x100

search next time. it's probably in over a thousand posts on this site buddy.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:09 AM
and before its asked, no a cobalt wheel will not fit on your car.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:12 AM
i was asking cuase i needed steelies and i found a really cheap set but the pattern was 4x100 so i just wanted to know my pattern before i buy it, thanks anyways
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 7:14 AM
if the rim has 4 bolts... and your Cav has 5 bolts... it's NOT gonna fit, regardless of lug spacing.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:10 AM
just curious would any 15'' steelie fit the car or would some hit the brake even though they are 15''? its a stock sunfire btw sorry for the stupid question.
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:19 AM
a 15 inch will work fine. alot of cavalier and sunfires came stock with 14 inch rims

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 8:56 AM
thanks alot
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:51 AM
let me just start off by saying not all 15in steelies will fit. you just cant grab a 15in steelie and throw it on.

now to get more techincal, you need to make sure its the correct bolt pattern which is 5x100 as mentioned. even if it is the same bolt pattern it still may not fit do to the bore of the wheel. our hubs are 57.1mm so thats what the stock wheel is bored too. most aftermarket wheels are bored to say 72mm so they will fit a vast amount of cars. if you find a 15in steel that is the same bolt pattern but has a larger bore size then you can you it however you will need to get hub rings to properly balance the wheel on the hub. if the bore size is too small then it will need to be machinced out.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:05 AM
ahh thats what i was worried about, yea i think ill just buy the tires out of a shop
Tuesday, December 02, 2008 11:24 AM
tires and rims are totally different...what are you wanting here i am confused

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 11:58 AM
i think he needs new tires but instead of buying tires he was looking at just getting a set of steelies with tires already on it.

if thats the case, you could still be losing money as the tires on the new wheels could be shot.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 6:19 PM
AWD GS wrote:and before its asked, no a cobalt wheel will not fit on your car.

lol

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:37 PM
if anyone manages to put 4lug honda steelie on a cav... ill will give you my vert. no modding allowed no redrilling no adapters,

" is this chicken or fish, i know its tuna but it say chicken on the can" hahaha first thought that came to mind from this post

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 6:14 PM
AZ24Ncav wrote:if anyone manages to put 4lug honda steelie on a cav... ill will give you my vert. no modding allowed no redrilling no adapters,

" is this chicken or fish, i know its tuna but it say chicken on the can" hahaha first thought that came to mind from this post

i'll take you up on that. ready to sign the title over?

Wednesday, December 03, 2008 7:15 PM
FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:if the rim has 4 bolts... and your Cav has 5 bolts... it's NOT gonna fit, regardless of lug spacing.

rofl

Thursday, December 04, 2008 12:08 AM
AWD GS wrote:
AZ24Ncav wrote:if anyone manages to put 4lug honda steelie on a cav... ill will give you my vert. no modding allowed no redrilling no adapters, EDIt .. no hub swapping ..

i'll take you up on that. ready to sign the title over?

sure but youd have to drive .. the cav with the un modded civic stealies to cali...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search