Opinions? Anyone? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opinions? Anyone?
Thursday, January 01, 2009 12:37 PM
Found these on CL pretty cheap, brand new in box set of 4. Only problem is, they are white, and I'm not crazy bout white rims. anyone think they'd look good if I had them powdercoated black? im thinkin do the whole thing including the silver lip, but lets see what you guys think...

also, theyre goin on the sunfire if I get 'em

thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, January 01, 2009 12:39 PM

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member

Re: Opinions? Anyone?
Thursday, January 01, 2009 4:51 PM
What color is your car? My neighbor has a red cav with white like 20 spoke rims. I think it looks sick. Make a ps and see what it looks like.

Get them powder coated all black the chrome lip is frowned on by a lot of people. The more I look into rims the more I notice that its super ugly lol

Friday, January 02, 2009 12:12 AM
Its a white 97 sunfire 4dr. I have hoticed people arent crazy bout the chrome lip and im not a fan myself. I think the black would compliment the tinted taillights and the other black parts such as mirrors, doorhandles etc...

Did I mention I drive a 2000 Lumina now?-----wigm-tuners.org member
Friday, January 02, 2009 12:28 AM
I say go with a matte black..but that's me. I love matte black rims...
Friday, January 02, 2009 4:23 AM
seen those on the list as well. idk why, but i'm kinda like white rims again!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, January 02, 2009 5:51 AM
White on white looks really good though, and you have to watch with doing a all black wheel cause then it blends the tire and the wheel together, and just really doesn't look that great in my opinion.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, January 02, 2009 6:26 AM
well the handles need to be painted white anyhow!! (imo) but probably your best best is to get a profile angle pic of your car in the IM forum and see if someone will do a couple chops for ya.

Friday, January 02, 2009 6:33 PM
White rims with a chrome lip look good on most white cars IMO. I'm not a fan of white rims otherwise.

If you do them black, I'd still keep the lip for definition. All black blends into the tires too much.
Also, with wheels done in all gloss black, you have to keep tire shine on your tires 24/7 or they look dull and grey.

Saturday, January 03, 2009 3:13 PM
Just throwing in the idea, but what if you leave the outter raised edge of the star white and paint the inner section black?. or maybe even vice versa?.. just a thought.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search