Staggered? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Staggered?
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:17 PM
I am not sure on the correct terminology for this. I am in the market for my first set of wheels and tires for my J. A friend suggested I go with a setup that is the same wheel size but the back wheels have a deep lip and the front wheels are flush. I am torn because I have no idea what this would look like other than on expensive sports cars. Does anyone have any pics? please post. If not I am going to just go with the deep lip all the way around with the mesh VW looking wheels. Im also installing a pro kit with these wheels. If anyone has any advice or pics that would be great

Re: Staggered?
Tuesday, March 17, 2009 6:36 PM
You got the term correct. There was a company catering to FWD cars doing a staggered setup when I was looking. I've since lost the info.

I think staggered without a massive coilover or air-ride drop won't flow though personally. Pro-Kit is not enough.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009 7:26 PM
so do you think a deep dish at all would look right? Or are coilovers or air-ride a must for a deep dish wheel?

Thanks for the advice
Wednesday, March 18, 2009 3:34 AM
staggered means a different width in the rear. typically thats how you acheive a bigger lip in the rear

example being a 19x8 wheel has a 3" lip and a 19x10 wheel has a 5" lip. that would be a staggered setup.

what it sounds like to me when your buddy said go with a setup with the same wheel size, im thinking he meant different offsets possibly. that may be a bit tricky because its hard to find the same wheel with the same width, just different offsets. usually the only time you find that is when your getting a custom wheel made to whatever spec you tell them.

Saturday, March 21, 2009 2:06 PM

Here's a 03-05 cavalier with a staggered set-up also with different size wheels. I believe the fronts are 18's and the back are 19's (you can't rotate the wheels from front to back anyways when they are staggered). I was gonna go this route also, but is pointless and just for show purpose.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 9:29 PM
The rears wont fit without mods

Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:55 AM
yea 9" wide rim in the back is gonna be hard to fit without some rolling and possibly cutting.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search