Rim Job lol - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rim Job lol
Monday, June 22, 2009 7:48 PM
I found these 18" Rims on a classified website and the guy wants $600 but he will take $500. They have new rubber so i think this is a great deal BUT look at pic
Does anyone know how much it is to get rims rechromed?

Re: Rim Job lol
Monday, June 22, 2009 8:03 PM
Think you might be able to polish it out?

Monday, June 22, 2009 8:15 PM
Im not sure i havent seen them yet but would it be hard to paint them black?
Monday, June 22, 2009 8:26 PM
just paint them... but the style of rims EEEK lol

Monday, June 22, 2009 9:10 PM
very EEEKKK!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 1:16 PM
Those are hideous, but if you like them, and want chrome, get new ones. It's probably going to end up being just as much if you want to strip and rechrome them. If you want to paint them, go for it.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:11 PM
Unless you REALLY like those ( ), Id wait for a better looking pair of rims to pop up for sale for that price or better.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 5:45 AM
Yea find somethin more stylish :s Deal yes, style no .. lol Worst case tho if u really like em and want em, paint 'em

Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:27 PM
Don't know where you are located at but if ya really like the rims and are planning on going with em but want to change them up,fix the issue they have or whatever my buddy bob owns a shop which chromes anything ya want chromed.. hes even worked it so he can chrome with color added.
(example,harley gas tank he chromed with orange color )
he has a myspace page with with pics of alot of work he has done.. ALTERNATIVE CHROME

he's located in Kutztown pa if youre in the area..

phone number and such is on his page.

Friday, June 26, 2009 7:04 PM
I'm curious if he's tinting the chrome, or candy coating on top of it, because in that pic, it looks like there is orange overspray on the pieces holding it up. If he is painting candy over chrome, I would worry about durability on exterior parts.

Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:04 PM
I could be mistaken but I believe it is dipped, the pieces holding it up are copper tubing and wooden blocks. I believe it is some sort of refelction/glare causing it to look that way. he explained it to me about a year and a half (give or take) ago but he was explaining alot of things hes been doing at around that time so I could have gotten things a little mixed info wise.

he has the number up on the page if anyone just had questions or wanted work done so he could explain it better then I could and I wont be seeing him untill the 4th.

Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:17 PM
those tires are not even close to correct size... so the new tires shouldnt mean anything

also they are unbelievably ugly.. but more power to u

Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:48 PM
Got Chevy? wrote:I could be mistaken but I believe it is dipped, the pieces holding it up are copper tubing and wooden blocks. I believe it is some sort of refelction/glare causing it to look that way. he explained it to me about a year and a half (give or take) ago but he was explaining alot of things hes been doing at around that time so I could have gotten things a little mixed info wise.

You can get tinted chrome, so it's very possible that's what he's doing. I was simply commenting because it appears like overspray in that pic. Just something to keep in mind, and as you suggest, ask him if you're considering having something like that done.

Personally, I'd love to see someone do a nice set of tinted chrome rims (on the right car, with the right styling, and a color that works). I did a few chops for someone a while back with various colors of chrome on a white car, and I think it would look tits.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search