04 Sti bbs wheels - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
04 Sti bbs wheels
Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:47 AM
A friend of mine has a set in gold. if he won't sell them to me im gonna hit a bunch of junkyards. If i'm correct they're 17x8 with 53 mm offset, 5x100 lug pattern only on the 04's. would these fit a cavy or probably not?

Re: 04 Sti bbs wheels
Thursday, July 23, 2009 1:48 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 53mm a little much for J's?
I thought 35mm +/- 7mm or so was the norm.
Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:31 AM
53mm is definitely a bit much; they'd have to be spaced out considerably. Not sure that anyone has run such an aggressive offset on a J

Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:21 AM
i'm gonna say you'll be rubbing w/ that offset!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:21 AM

WiGM-Tuners member.
Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:36 AM
well i mean i could try it i guess? then sell em if they dont fit at all lol.

what about the cobalt ss rims?
Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:43 AM
Thursday, July 23, 2009 10:11 AM
NotAnotherTeenCavy wrote:Enjoy.

That post is all about Cobalt rims fitting a J.

WRX wheels will bolt up to a J but the offset may be an issue with the STI wheels.

I believe Wojo used to have WRX wheels on his Cav.

The facepalm is now directed at you.

Thursday, July 23, 2009 5:25 PM
Scott (Silver Z) wrote:
NotAnotherTeenCavy wrote:Enjoy.

That post is all about Cobalt rims fitting a J.

WRX wheels will bolt up to a J but the offset may be an issue with the STI wheels.

I believe Wojo used to have WRX wheels on his Cav.

The facepalm is now directed at you.

Doug DeBonet wrote:well i mean i could try it i guess? then sell em if they dont fit at all lol.

what about the cobalt ss rims?

i'm afraid its now at you my friend..... r e a d i n g c o m p r e h e n s i o n

Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:38 PM
Oh, snap!

skimming > me

Well, played.

Friday, July 24, 2009 1:15 AM
well i'm very sure the 04 sti wheels have the 5x100 lug pattern.
i don't really get the whole offset thing. if someone would like to explain that, that would be cool.
Friday, July 24, 2009 6:06 AM
Doug DeBonet wrote:well i'm very sure the 04 sti wheels have the 5x100 lug pattern.
i don't really get the whole offset thing. if someone would like to explain that, that would be cool.

Without getting too overly technical (and this is only going to apply to a J):

The lower the offset, the more your rim will stick out to the curb. The higher the offset, the more your rim will stick in towards the strut/shock. Most guys run 40-45 offsets on J's, 45 being the closest to the strut (which is what I'm running.) What we're saying is that you're 53 offset is going to be much tighter to the suspension of the car and you may--probably will--have rubbing issues. This'll be especially true for a wide rim like the STI's.

Friday, July 24, 2009 6:18 AM
they aren't going to fit regardless of offset, the hub bore is to small unless you plan on getting getting all 4 wheels machined.

Saturday, July 25, 2009 10:03 AM
hm. that would have looked sick. oh well.
Sunday, August 02, 2009 8:41 PM
Darkstars wrote:they aren't going to fit regardless of offset, the hub bore is to small unless you plan on getting getting all 4 wheels machined.

ding ding ding!! all subies from at least the early 90's till present do have a 5x100 bolt pattern. BUT they have a smaller center bore than j's which does indeed require machining to fit, its been done, but its kinda a pain in the ass unless you know a machine shop who'lldo it for real cheap. do a search for ATOMIC's car. hes got Sti wheels on his race car. every subie model. even the tribeca's have the same bolt pattern. theyre kinda cool like that, you can swap wheels like nothing from any model to any model. but not as easily to j's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, August 03, 2009 3:59 PM

Monday, August 03, 2009 11:37 PM
the 04 is the only STI with a 5x100. all other stis are 5x114
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search