Wheel guru's please help - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheel guru's please help
Monday, July 27, 2009 9:45 PM
Well as I stated in my other thread about the Tein coil-overs rubbing my wheels (17x8inch +35mm offset with 225's),
So now after almost 2 months of having those expensive green Japanese things sitting around it's time for me to decide what to do.

My question to you guys is this.

I found a set of 17's on craigs list with new tires CHEAP.

But here's my problem.
With the 17x8 inch +35mm offset wheels with 225/45/17's I rubbed.
Here's the specs on the wheels I found.
17x7 inch +40mm offset with 225/50/17's.

I know not having the extra inch width would help out with clearance a lot, but what about the change in offset messing it up.
Plus having 225/50's it would be more prone to rubbing the top of the fender because that's a very tall tire for a 17 on these cars.

Thoughts?
Any input would greatly help.

Re: Wheel guru's please help
Monday, July 27, 2009 9:53 PM
i say keep looking! find some in the 30's on a x7 inch rim. w/ at least a 45 series tire. why f*ck around u know?

WiGM-Tuners member.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 5:46 PM
Judging by the stance in your sig, the 225/50's would rub because of height. The size and offset of the rim is fine, though. The difference between the 225/50 and 225/45 is almost a half inch of sidewall height. On a low stance, that could be plenty of a difference.

Personally, if the tires are in good shape, and the deal is right, I'd buy the setup, then sell the tires and get the right size.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 5:37 AM
Tell ya what...bring those TEIN's up my way, I'll do the swap on both cars while you sip a frosty beverage, then you can keep the same wheels you already have

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:37 AM
in exchange for what?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search