ss cobalt rims on 96 cavalier - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ss cobalt rims on 96 cavalier
Monday, November 23, 2009 1:17 PM
will they fit?

Re: ss cobalt rims on 96 cavalier
Monday, November 23, 2009 1:33 PM
you're new here, aren't you...

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, November 23, 2009 1:51 PM
I just searched and the answer is...

Monday, November 23, 2009 1:54 PM
here's an idea, check the bolt pattern.

Monday, November 23, 2009 3:38 PM
NO

Monday, November 23, 2009 7:19 PM
first off i couldnt find the bolt pattern until just a little bit ago and also everytime i use the search bar here it doesnt work. i have attempted to try to search various things for my car on here and got nothing but went back in previous threads in different forums and found them.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:05 AM
Don't listen to these people they do fit and look amazing!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:13 AM
No don't listen to that guy ^ they will not fit.

God forbid a newb asks a newb question...it never happens, get use to it. It’s simple all you say is “NO and search next time” then move on and stop bashing on em’

By the way I try searching as well, using the title “ss cobalt rims on 96 cavalier” nothing came up...weird. Using these key words I pulled up some results:
''SS wheel''
''Cobalt wheels''
''Lug pattern''

I guess someone should be telling the newbs how to search, because the jbody.org default search engine isn’t that great.
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 2:56 PM
I never had a problem with the JBO search engine...

Tinkles

2003 Cavalier 1SV
Bagged and Blown

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 3:04 PM
Caveman wrote:I guess someone should be telling the newbs how to search, because the jbody.org default search engine isn’t that great.

The reason I don't post that much is I usually find what I need by searching...

Got to be smarter than what you're working with

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:43 PM
Caveman wrote:No don't listen to that guy ^ they will not fit.

God forbid a newb asks a newb question...it never happens, get use to it. It’s simple all you say is “NO and search next time” then move on and stop bashing on em’

By the way I try searching as well, using the title “ss cobalt rims on 96 cavalier” nothing came up...weird. Using these key words I pulled up some results:
''SS wheel''
''Cobalt wheels''
''Lug pattern''

I guess someone should be telling the newbs how to search, because the jbody.org default search engine isn’t that great.

Youre one of those people who posts an entire question on Google arent you?

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:55 PM
two seconds search ... all i did was type cobalt..

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=42&i=40386&t=40386#40386

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:40 PM
Caveman wrote:I guess someone should be telling the newbs how to search, because the jbody.org default search engine isn’t that great.

I made a thread a year or so ago explaining how to use the search. It doesn't help. It's not that the search engine isn't good. It's just that most people are either too lazy to use it, or they just don't understand how a search engine works.

Thursday, November 26, 2009 8:59 PM
no i dont think theyll fit man my old cavy rims wouldnt fit on my buddys g5 so...nope
Friday, November 27, 2009 7:39 PM
noah hussey wrote:no i dont think theyll fit man my old cavy rims wouldnt fit on my buddys g5 so...nope

Really!?!?!?!?

Monday, November 30, 2009 2:40 PM
noah hussey wrote:no i dont think theyll fit man my old cavy rims wouldnt fit on my buddys g5 so...nope

You don't say?

FOR SALE
Monday, November 30, 2009 7:29 PM

If he had a Cobalt they wouldve.

Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:47 PM
The Cobalt SS has a 5x110 lug pattern and the base and LS Cobalts are 4 lug so no the Cobalt wheels won't fit the Jbody.

Friday, January 15, 2010 10:00 AM
Ethan Duke wrote:The Cobalt SS has a 5x110 lug pattern and the base and LS Cobalts are 4 lug so no the Cobalt wheels won't fit the Jbody.

Really!?

Well, son of a.... I just bought some and was about to go out and put them on. Are you sure they won't fit?

Friday, January 15, 2010 10:21 AM
i thought i smelt a hint of sarcasm in this thread. but probably not.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, January 15, 2010 1:04 PM
Why what ever would make you say that?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:38 AM
will they physically fit? absolutely.

will they bolt right on? no. completely different bolt patterns. the j-body uses the 5x100mm and the cobalt's use 5x110mm.

could it be done? yes. there is a circle track guy running around on here that adapted pretty much the entire cobalt suspension to work on his j-body race car and was using cobalt wheels.

you could also get the hubs/rotors drilled to 5x110, then you're only issue would be the center bore of the rim (if it wont bolt on after the redrilled parts). which... getting the center bore machined has been done, plenty of people do it to fit wheels from different vehicles onto their cars. and if to big... find the right sized hub centric ring and done.

people get all pissy here for no reason. no idea why they even post if they do not have anything to contribute.

next time while using the search try and type in more than a few topic descriptions. thread titles some times are hard to find.

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:47 AM
from club cav

CAV WITH COBALT WHEELS

Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:21 AM
um wow... that is actually a GREAT idea! its like duh, why didnt i think of that? LOL

the wheels actually look damn good on there too...

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:14 AM
Yea that hot @!#$! somebody do SS wheels, I might have to do this. after the engine of course

Mods: Synapse Charge Piping, Short Throw, Bad-Mab Dp, Dejon Intake, BYT Tuned!
Parts For SALE! Pacesetter Header(ECO),17'in Resonator, Alternator, Starter, Viper Alarm.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search