Final Tire choice.... - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Final Tire choice....
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:37 PM
Finally, my last Cav will have a new set of tires in the spring. ( Cav will go to "sleep" in a few weeks..it's been pretty much a 3 season car anyways). Onward to the choices:

BFG Traction T/As (t rated)

Cooper Responses (t rated)

Both are cheaper priced (60-70 bucks), which will help me buy a "second" set.

Both are "sporty", at least for 14s.....and decent tread life (60k)

So, which one looks better? The Coopers fall between the lifeliners and the CS4s, with pretty good grip.......

Re: Final Tire choice....
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 7:14 PM
Ive been personally running the BFG's for the last 2.5 yrs on the cavi. 215/55/16 to be exact with a h speed rating. Its a good all around tire and i never had a problem out of them other than the normal effects of having a open shouldered tire anyways(edges chopping out and a little more road noise). If last count serves me correct the tires had around 40k on them before the motor blew and were about ready to be replaced. Not the 60k that it says the tire is good for but take into consideration that they took some abuse its pretty good.

In the end when i was selling tires for sears its always up to the customer what they want but BFG is a 2nd tier michelin tire and thats what makes my decision for me there.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:48 PM
i like the bfg! i'd go w/ those!

WiGM-Tuners member.

Friday, October 23, 2009 8:59 PM
RMPE wrote:Ive been personally running the BFG's for the last 2.5 yrs on the cavi. 215/55/16 to be exact with a h speed rating. Its a good all around tire and i never had a problem out of them other than the normal effects of having a open shouldered tire anyways(edges chopping out and a little more road noise). If last count serves me correct the tires had around 40k on them before the motor blew and were about ready to be replaced. Not the 60k that it says the tire is good for but take into consideration that they took some abuse its pretty good.

In the end when i was selling tires for sears its always up to the customer what they want but BFG is a 2nd tier michelin tire and thats what makes my decision for me there.

So you think Cooper would be a better option? The Responses are a good tire (Buddy just got them on his SL1), and the CS4s are a sweet tire too. (My buddy has them on his beater Cav)

The Coopers and the TAs seem to hit the same sweet spot......

Sunday, December 13, 2009 6:56 AM
Dave, have you checked the Fuzion tires by Firestone?
I've been running the Fuzion HRi's on both of my cars for years now with excellent results and is the perfect daily driver tire for everyday use.
I'd also say that their pricing is comparable to the tires you mentioned in your thread too.
Check 'em out and see what you think if you already haven't purchased either of the other tires.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:40 AM
Misnblu wrote:Dave, have you checked the Fuzion tires by Firestone?
I've been running the Fuzion HRi's on both of my cars for years now with excellent results and is the perfect daily driver tire for everyday use.
I'd also say that their pricing is comparable to the tires you mentioned in your thread too.
Check 'em out and see what you think if you already haven't purchased either of the other tires.

Yep, I considered running those for my beater (Cobalt), but got a better deal on some Sumitomo HTR T4s ....good tire so far.

The Cav is still running the stockies (195/70/14), and I'm looking for good, solid all seasons with a little fun fixed in....

In the near future, I'm going upgrade the tires/rims, so I don't want to go too crazy....

And have a good cold weather tire...( the cheap stuff and some of the tire brands, like Kumho, don't hold up well here....

STuff I'm still considering...

Yokos

Cooper CS4s/ Lifeliners (hold up well here)

BFG Traction TAs/ Touring TAs(Sam's Club tire)

Michelin X-Radials (also Sam's-similar to the Harmony, but much cheaper)

So far anyways....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search