new set of shoes - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new set of shoes
Wednesday, April 28, 2010 10:35 PM
so i bought a set of rims today. when i got there they wern't like they were in the picture [long story short lady selling them for her boss and he gave her the good one and she had no idea what the others were like until she picked them up for me] but they really aren't in bad shape at all. brand new tires and rims in pretty good condition still for only 200 not bad at all!! the only problem with them in the clear coat is coming off around the lip of them. i was thinking about just sanding the lip down nice and neat and priming and repainting them so the lip is red and leaving the middle black as is since that part is fine.
good idea or no? if so what kinda paint do you recommend using?

Re: new set of shoes
Friday, April 30, 2010 1:46 PM
If the peeling clear-coat really bugs you (happens on lots of rims) then go for it. Just make sure your tape line is clean and that you prep properly. You probably won't need a "special" paint, just make sure you use a good clear coat that can handle the abuse of driving. You really should post pics of these wheels, btw

Friday, April 30, 2010 11:07 PM
i will get some before and afters in the morning i just started sanding hour and a half later i got one done haha sucks doing it by hand but then i know i am doing it right that way and have more control over it. really hoping they look good!
Saturday, May 01, 2010 10:35 PM
here are the pictures!! after all day of working

as you can see the clear coat was coming off

and finally the finished product!!

i am incredibly happy with them
Sunday, May 02, 2010 9:15 AM
I like it!

Good job!

Sunday, May 02, 2010 11:10 AM
thanks man
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 9:52 AM
Looks like they're more then a $200 set now!

Congrats! =D

Thursday, May 13, 2010 11:12 AM
You stole those wheels! Good Hustle!

Thursday, May 13, 2010 2:08 PM
Nice work, but what are the sizes of the rims and tires? That looks like one hell of a stretched tire on there.

Thursday, May 13, 2010 4:26 PM
looks damn good very well done

Friday, May 14, 2010 1:00 PM
Quiklilcav wrote:Nice work, but what are the sizes of the rims and tires? That looks like one hell of a stretched tire on there.

Noticed the exact same thing.

M62, 42's, ZZP 3", ZZP S3 H/E
214whp 190wtq

Sunday, May 16, 2010 6:43 PM
i dont recall right now but yeah they are hella stretched
Monday, May 17, 2010 11:36 AM
i would of painted the centers black! thats my only complaint

WiGM-Tuners member.
Monday, May 17, 2010 7:26 PM
They look like 225/40/18s, which is the right size for our cars, but those must be 8.5-9" wide.

Post up some good full days shots of the car. The wheels really came out good, and it'd be nice to see the whole picture.

Monday, May 17, 2010 10:14 PM
i did some Ps on the pics .. and tried to clear up the pics. i saw 215/40/18. same exact size as what my Adrs had.

Monday, May 17, 2010 11:14 PM
they are a 8.5 wide

here a few pictures i have for now

the front driver wheel needs to be completely redone for my step dad got pissed at me and drug one of the lug nuts around it. @!#$. just have to find the time to go it
Monday, May 17, 2010 11:32 PM
tire size? i like it alot... with a bigger drop that would look sick and also with evil eyes

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:12 AM
225/40/18 some time in the next few days i will be getting my coilovers in and i am going to pick up my shocks tomorrow so i am thinking about going down to about a 2.5 drop
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:20 AM
azncav wrote:with a bigger drop that would look sick and also with evil eyes
Yep.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 9:44 PM
so the verdict is! got my eibach ground control coilovers today and picking up the koni yellow shocks tomorrow!!
wednesdays agenda = drop the b*tch supa low and roll the fenders!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:07 PM
mite be the first j with 225s on 18x8.5 rims.. slam that biotch !

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 10:31 AM
i have 225's on my 18's..
Thursday, May 20, 2010 1:32 AM
work on it today! we had some set backs but got the rear struts and coils done. not as low as i want it want it to be tire tuckin but i will get pictures up when i finish it!
Friday, May 21, 2010 10:12 AM
ok so question for you all. The coilovers are in the struts are in. but only got a total drop of about a inch with the bitches spun all the way down, expected ride height change from 5 to 3.5 inches depending on where you want your car to sit. Now i am hoping to have the car tire tucking but she isnt going down!! Help? Anyone know what I can do if there is anything
Friday, May 21, 2010 2:32 PM
This might sound like a stupid question, but are the threaded sleeves down as far as they can go, and did you assemble your front mounts correctly? I've seen someone on here put in lowering springs and assemble the mounts wrong, which added like 2" to the height, making his lowering springs sit at stock height.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search