My new wheels, Whatda think? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My new wheels, Whatda think?
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 6:15 PM
Good?Bad? I now I will need to lower it for sure. I was looking for black with polished lip but couldnt pass these up for $70. There 17 inch Motegi MR4's Wrapped in Hankook Ventus v4's - 225/50 in size.I know,.. they do rub a bit but I got them for free.

I got them in good shape with only minor chips in the paint. Within a week they were stripped down. Then etch primed, follwed by two coats of gunmetal gray metallic and topped with a silver pearl added to the clearcoat to brightn them up a bit.Should have taken pictures when the sun was hitting them. Im thinking a 1.4" drop should be good. Would like lower but we have snow up here.So here they are:

(BlackFire)

Re: My new wheels, Whatda think?
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:44 PM
@!#$, for the price! rock em'.

WiGM-Tuners member.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:30 PM
Thats exactly what i was thinking.haha. What do you think about the 1.4" drop? Would it be enough to be noticable?

(BlackFire)
Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:34 PM
E W wrote:Thats exactly what i was thinking.haha. What do you think about the 1.4" drop? Would it be enough to be noticable?

You might get bigger rubbing problems when you lower it. I dont know how bad it is now though.

Friday, July 30, 2010 1:09 AM
Offset looks pretty low. I'd be careful

WiGM-Tuners member.
Friday, July 30, 2010 2:42 PM
PFFFFFFT snow is no excuse not to be low but I do see a cut tire in your future with that size tire.

Not the best style but I would rock them too for that price. How wide are they and whats the offset?

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Friday, July 30, 2010 6:16 PM
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:PFFFFFFT snow is no excuse not to be low but I do see a cut tire in your future with that size tire.

Not the best style but I would rock them too for that price. How wide are they and whats the offset?

The tires I have I bought slightly used for free so thats fine. I plan on getting the right size very soon though. They are 7" wide and are offset 40mm.

@TheSundownFire (GME Chat) -- If I get smaller tires say 245/550's? they shouldnt have a problem with rubbing right? Right now only in parking lots on the sharpest of turns do they rub very slightly on the inside edge of the side skirt.Nothing major. If I have problem with 245/50's rubbing at 1.4" drop then im gonna have to pull a VW tire stretch!

(BlackFire)
Saturday, July 31, 2010 3:24 AM
Looks good. Not bad for the price.

1996 Sunfire, 2.2L, 18" Equus/General Exclaim UHP
Alpine CDE-9845
Saturday, July 31, 2010 12:18 PM
225/45 is what you want to put on it.

I <3 JGM
I think bigfoot is blurry,
that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry. And that's extra
scary to me. There's a large, out-of-focus monster, roaming the countryside.
"Run! He's fuzzy!" "Get outta here!"

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005

Friday, August 06, 2010 9:40 AM
Damn, not a bad price at all!! I thought my enkeis/falkens for $400 was a steal! Also, I'm rocking 215/50/17 tires with an eibach prokit drop (about that 1.5" drop) with no rub. 7" wheels and I think a 35mm offset....
not the best picture, but the best side shot for reference

Flickr Photostream Facebook Twitter
Friday, August 06, 2010 10:01 AM
BlackFire wrote:
I SATCHMOE YOU!!!! wrote:PFFFFFFT snow is no excuse not to be low but I do see a cut tire in your future with that size tire.

The tires I have I bought slightly used for free so thats fine. I plan on getting the right size very soon though. They are 7" wide and are offset 40mm.

@TheSundownFire (GME Chat) -- If I get smaller tires say 245/550's? they shouldnt have a problem with rubbing right? Right now only in parking lots on the sharpest of turns do they rub very slightly on the inside edge of the side skirt.Nothing major. If I have problem with 245/50's rubbing at 1.4" drop then im gonna have to pull a VW tire stretch!

245 on a 7 inch rim will not be stretched at all. To stretch on a 7 inch wheel, you'd have to find like 185s, which would be dumb

Friday, August 06, 2010 10:46 AM
Quote:

245 on a 7 inch rim will not be stretched at all. To stretch on a 7 inch wheel, you'd have to find like 185s, which would be dumb

Yeah thats what I ment . I just dont want to have a 1.4" drop and the 245's rub on the fender over any bump because of the 40mm offset. I really dont care about the spedo too much.

(BlackFire)
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:45 AM
those rims got a big offset mexiflush like mine i dont feel so alone try to get some 215-46-17s this is how mine look with 225 45s 17s they stick out alot man n rub lol i switched to 215s n they dont stick out as much
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 6:48 AM
oops pic didnt work
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:36 PM
Yeah what im really loking for is a lower profile tire. I think 245's are still a bit big in profile even though thier the perfect tire for speedo accuracy and ride quality.ill see if I can get a used set of 215/50's to test and go from there.

(BlackFire)
Tuesday, August 10, 2010 7:59 PM
98z24ragtop wrote:Damn, not a bad price at all!! I thought my enkeis/falkens for $400 was a steal! Also, I'm rocking 215/50/17 tires with an eibach prokit drop (about that 1.5" drop) with no rub. 7" wheels and I think a 35mm offset....
not the best picture, but the best side shot for reference

dude i @!#$ love your vert!

anyway i have 205 40 17 on mine and there kinda low profiles but i have federal 595s on my teg, with 17s and they fit just right.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:57 AM
ya 215 50s r good ive ran em i feel once i go past profile 45 like 40s i really have curbed some rims badly
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 1:18 PM
I have 225/45/r17 on my cavi, 40mm offset, and no rub. I'm not to sure on the width of my rims but the tires fit perfect on there. I really need to drop it in the rear, possibly 2" and 1.5" in the front.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3879634
http://www.crysisweb.com/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search