Best street tires to help fight wheel spin for 300+-hp? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best street tires to help fight wheel spin for 300+-hp?
Monday, January 24, 2011 11:02 PM
Im running BFGoodrich g-Force Super Sport A/S as my street tire right now, there some good tires but wheel spin is killing me. What are some good tires out there to help fight this for the street not the track?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~

Re: Best street tires to help fight wheel spin for 300+-hp?
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 12:48 AM
what size is the tire/rim ?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:10 AM
i run falken azenis, the new 615K's are supposed to be stickier than the old model i have. but im upgrading soon. or some bridgestone potenzas might work too

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:35 AM
i've heard great things about the dunlop direzza z1 star specs. alot of guys went from the azeni 615's to the dunlops for autox anyways.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 10:44 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (Pj) v2.0 wrote:what size is the tire/rim ?

i have 18"s but going down to 17"s.

BuiltNBoosted wrote:i run falken azenis, the new 615K's are supposed to be stickier than the old model i have. but im upgrading soon. or some bridgestone potenzas might work too

I ran the potenzas on g8 gxp but the only thing with them it seems like they didn't last at all or maybe it was just the heavy foot/ burnout box at the track. They were some good tires though. What about the Kumho Ecsta XS? Thats what i was looking at maybe getting.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
~Using nitrous is like having sex with a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but your afraid of the consequences.~
Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:02 AM
I had Dunlops on my old EXP. Good tires, The EXP wasn't pushing 300+ though

Thursday, February 03, 2011 7:07 PM
Mike get some nitto's!!!! I have some on 14 inch steelies!!

FU Tuning

Saturday, February 05, 2011 10:27 PM
ive been looking into michelin pilot sport as+ for my cav for all around. then again i work at a tire shop and look at them all day..... no idea real world outside of reviews, but they have everything they need to do well, just not launching. bfg has a different version of the kdw series with a more traditional tread design in some sizes that may help as well they are classified nt or new tread design

Saturday, February 05, 2011 10:37 PM
Not sure if the general tire Exclaim UHP would be any good for you. My dad is running them on his BMW as well as a few friends (one with a turbo civic) and I plan on getting those tires next when my altimax's wear out. I have a set of 4 michelin sport cups (but in 15's) and they seem fairly good on the street but weren't great for drag racing and I think their tread wear is 80 so probably wouldn't take too long to wear out.

Saturday, February 05, 2011 11:47 PM
Any time you want a stickier tire for above 300hp, you are going to sacrifice treadwear. That's how the game goes. I used to wear a set of azenis out every year. But that's because I raced on them. Now i have a set of radials and can make a set of tires last two years. Even the new falkens I'm getting are only 200 treadwear but they will grip and last a while since I'm not racing on them.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 3:21 AM
Screaming for Mercy!! wrote:Mike get some nitto's!!!! I have some on 14 inch steelies!!

What nitto's are u running?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search