want opinions on tires - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
want opinions on tires
Sunday, April 24, 2011 12:21 PM
i went to walmart yesterday to buy tires (i know walmart) lol not my ideal place but couldnt afford much else. i asked for the uniroyal long touring tires but when i got my car back it had goodyear viva2. they didnt charge me for the uniroyal. and it was 8pm so i was like screw it ill see if i like these tires since they were 50 bucks less and had the same ratings . i got them yesterday and its been raining here non stop. they handle well and seem to be good. but wanted your guys opinion as to what you think? i also have had my car alligned twice and both times the wheel is a little off to the right. what gives? any help or thoughts is appreciated thanks guys.

Re: want opinions on tires
Monday, April 25, 2011 2:42 PM
What's the wear rating on the Goodyears--also comparable to the Uniroyals? If so, and you paid less money, I'd say keep'em. If you've been driving in the rain and they handle well, that's the best indication. Any tire can perform well in dry weather, afterall. The only other thing I would pay attention to is road noise, but I'm also pushing 30 and much more "particular" than I used to be.

Monday, April 25, 2011 3:04 PM
yea same ratings 60,000 miles they handle great. no road noise problems. but its hard to be exact since the rain noise. but they seem ok thus far
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:27 AM
i had those tires on my old mini van. thing handled like a go-cart....
lol no seriously decent tires for the price
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 10:43 AM
lol its been raining so i dont know how they feel in dry but in wet they do pretty good
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search