Fitment question - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fitment question
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:19 PM
OK so i did a search and didn't come up with anything so the question is for those running the Tien SS setup.
Have you run into fitment issues with rims and if so what sizes? The reason I ask is because I just ordered
a set of Motegi Traklites in 17x8 with a 45 offset no talking to my friend he says i may run into fitment issues with
it hitting the coilover. Will I run into this?

Re: Fitment question
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:35 PM
shouldn't i have 18 by 8's and i dont hit

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 1:38 PM
Cool man good to hear I was thinking i should be fine but just wanted to make sure.
Guess I'll know for sure when they get here.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:00 PM
jason norwood wrote:shouldn't i have 18 by 8's and i dont hit

What offset? That is the most important part.

My 18x7.5 with 35mm offset are close and im alittle worried about the 17x8(35mm offset) wheels that im looking at for track use. Strat81 is running 17x8(35mm offset) with out issues, but he is also running Baer brakes which act like a small/thin spacer. A 45mm offset will put the wheel closer to the strut than a 35mm offset.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Tuesday, May 10, 2011 5:35 PM
OK so say they rub against my strut.. Would a wheel spacer fix this and where would I acquire said spacer?
Tuesday, May 10, 2011 11:20 PM
offset is everything... a nice size spacer should help tons. anything above 5 mmm i would look into longer studs. to help clear it up more for you.

the higher offset will bring the rims lip closer to your struts ( keep in mind of your tires also) the lower the offset will bring it away from the strut and closer to the edge of the fenders.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search