better handling. - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
better handling.
Monday, June 13, 2011 11:05 PM
hello,

I am wanting to know if anyone knows what other sizes of rubber I can fit on my 2002 sunfire stock rims. Here is a URL to a page that shows the style I have they are the ones on the top. I am basically wanting too put some rubber on that handles better I know I can go 195/60/15, but was thinking of maybe going 205/60/15 to increase the width which from my understanding decreasing the height and increasing the width will increase handling a little bit.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=2002+sunfire+stock+rim+styles&view=detail&id=FC45299D82FC7EACC34C553EB963D2D10CD2F109&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: better handling.
Saturday, June 18, 2011 6:20 PM
The answer to the question is within the question....
Sunday, June 19, 2011 2:06 PM
So my understanding is correct? about the tire info?
Does anyone know, what sizes tires I can fit on a 15 x 6 rim?

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Saturday, July 09, 2011 11:15 AM
You'd be better off picking up a set of stock Z wheels, then you can run 225/50R16's, that would get you a noticeable difference, assuming you didn't cheap out on tires.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Thursday, July 21, 2011 8:13 PM
Buying good tires in the same size is going to make more of a difference than buying cheap tires in a wider size. And smaller tires are cheap. At stock power levels a 205 width is really hard to push past its limit (correctly, I dont mean driving like an ass and understeering everywhere because you dont know how to drive), as long as its good rubber like a star spec or re11.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search