Advice on 15" wheels/tire - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Advice on 15" wheels/tire
Thursday, June 09, 2011 7:43 AM
Hey guys, I am planning on making a drop on my cavy 1.4F and 1.4R, and I will be putting some 15" wheels. My questions is, what will be a good looking tire that will look beefy from the back, but at the same time will give me good performance, gas miles. If you have 15" wheels, feel free to post them thank you.

Re: Advice on 15" wheels/tire
Friday, June 10, 2011 7:41 AM
more than any paticular tires i would suggest getting rear hub spacers i got a set from a guy on here who sells them teh jeffie, i got the 1/2 spacers really made the rear have a much better stance,

but for tiresi have falken ziex ze 512's i was able to pull a 2.19 60ft in the 1/4 mile with terrible wheen hop, so they have good traction, they are almost bald and i was stil able to get around in the terrible snow last winter, and they have lasted me over 40,000 miles too, still going strong, also they are one of the cheapest tires you can get, go to discounttiredirect.com 205-60-15 is the size you would want, which is what i run, only $67.00 a piece and free shipping tread pattern is cool looking, only thing i dont love about them is the sidewall give but your going to get that on any 15" wheel tire combo, i just run them around 38psi to help keep them feeling stiffer
Friday, June 10, 2011 9:58 AM
Thank you for the response Will. So I can expect to get at least 40,000 miles out of them, and for $67 a piece it cant go wrong . Do you have any pics please, I want to see the spacers. The 205-60-15 is the only size for 15" Will?
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 10:12 AM
195-65-15 is the stock size, but i think that they look too tall and skinny so the 205-60-15 is a good choice and will give you close to stock tire size you could also go with 215-60-15 which would be a little wider and taller, but probably best to stick with the 205.

mileage completly depends how you drive and if your car is aligned properly, but if you drive it normal i would say you should get at least 40,000 miles out of them, on a heavier car they probably wouldnt last as long but on a jbody they seem to hold up, i dont currently have any pics but ill try to get some up
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search