bolt pattern? not typical - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bolt pattern? not typical
Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:50 PM
ok i have a wierd question i know our bolt pattern is 5 x 100. so if you convert it to inches it is 5 x 3.94 so,,,,,,, does this mean that a 5 x 4 rim will fit our cars? im not sure but i have a feeling it will need adaptors? thanx for any replies in advance

MEAN & GREEN.

Re: bolt pattern? not typical
Sunday, October 09, 2011 7:57 PM
our bolt pattern is 5x100. not 5x101 or 5x99. its meant to be specific so that everything is centered and weight is distributed equally. So no other size except 5x100 will fit.

Sunday, October 09, 2011 8:03 PM
ahhh so definantly adaptors thats cool tho ty imjust got a wild hair idea thats prolly going to work and be different 225/60/15 whats the most you think i could drop my cavy withouy rubbing? wheels will be -2 ofset

MEAN & GREEN.
Sunday, October 09, 2011 8:10 PM
-2 i hope your rims are already a 5x100 because they will already stick out

Sunday, October 09, 2011 8:36 PM
yeah im going to be running some race wheels and the thinnest adapto i can find that is a 5 x 100 to 5 x 4.5 is like $100 for 4 i want my tires to barely stick out of my fenders with a drop of course, and look "wide" i just think it would be really cool

MEAN & GREEN.
Sunday, October 09, 2011 9:13 PM
Race wheels? Buying used? Just call up diamond race wheels and see what they can make you in the correct bolt pattern. Any size, offset or bra size you want.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, October 09, 2011 9:29 PM
oh cool i was thinking about some aero race wheels it would be very different but they dont have them in a 5 x 100 just 5x4 and up thanks tho ill give them a call tommorow

MEAN & GREEN.
Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:57 PM
just so you know getting rims with a -2 offset and having to use an adapter is going to bring your wheels WAY past your fenders. The minimum thickness for an adapter spacer is usually 1" or 25mm. That would net you a -27mm offset after all is said and done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search