BF Goodrich g-Force Sport - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BF Goodrich g-Force Sport
Tuesday, November 01, 2011 2:16 PM
I am thinking about getting these in a 235/45/17

Has anyone run these tires before....good bad ugly???

They are less expensive then the Dunlops I currently run, and all the ratings are better.

Here are link to compare.

Dunlops

BFG's

Re: BF Goodrich g-Force Sport
Tuesday, November 01, 2011 3:11 PM
One thing I see right off the bat, is they wont be as sticky as the dunlops. But not by much. BFG makes good tires. Looks like either will be a good choice.

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 3:23 PM
i currently have the Dunlops and they stick to everything...and thats good and all, but for dding not REALLY needed. The car is a drag car, and for that I have my DR's. The Dunlops handle my spirited driving very very very very well, and I know that I will like them. I will also be going from a 225 to a 235 so that would help in the "sticking to the road" department. I was just wondering who has run the BFG's before.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:05 PM
If you plan on driving the car in snow at ALL dont get the BFGs I had them on the daily driver and they sucked in the snow so bad they actually would lay rubber on it from spinning(packed snow of course). I kid you not!

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 5:41 PM
My last 2 sets for my rims have been sports, They are great for dd compaired to others I've had in the past. I got 225/55/ 16's though.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 6:00 PM
Zs Z wrote:If you plan on driving the car in snow at ALL dont get the BFGs I had them on the daily driver and they sucked in the snow so bad they actually would lay rubber on it from spinning(packed snow of course). I kid you not!

snow whats that? i live in arizona. 40+ degrees almost every day of the year!

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:34 PM
Upgrade to the better dunlops. You will be happy. Star specs are awesome, I'm approaching the 30k mile mark on mine. With a whole season of auto-x on them. I was expecting to only push 20k out of them. But @!#$ they're going on again in the spring until I can afford new 17x9 wheels and 245 star specs (and 16x10 wheels for 275 hoho's with 16x7 wheels for 205 hoho's in the back)

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:43 PM
star specs are outta my price range....its one of the two in this thread.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:49 PM
The yoko x drives are in the same price range, i've never owned them but have heard good things from racers with them on their dailies. And the z101's are only 113 a tire on tire rack. There's also the kook v12 evo's too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:50 PM

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:23 PM
I ran 235/45/17 g-force for about 4 years. Great tire, very predictable decent tread wear but the get very loud when the tread is low. Even when the tread is not worn they make a noticeable hum. It is not the stickiest tire around but it is not the hardest either, it is a good mix of performance and longevity. I never had any problem with the three sets that I owned and for the price they are hard to beat.

I switched to a touring tire a few months ago only because I am rolling on the freeway miles. I am enjoying how quite my Contiprocontact touring tires are compared to the g-force but they are wanting in the grip department.

-I drive my car to work-
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:27 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:The yoko x drives are in the same price range, i've never owned them but have heard good things from racers with them on their dailies. And the z101's are only 113 a tire on tire rack. There's also the kook v12 evo's too.

problem is unless i get them local, i have to them take them to a shop to have them mounted and balanced, and installed, and in my neck of the woods, its about 20 a wheel for that.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:29 PM
20 a wheel is really cheap for mount an balanced. Normally placed like town fair tire or ntb or what not will match the price of tire rack + shipping and then give you free mounting and balancing.

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 9:33 PM
discount tire probably will not...

Thursday, November 03, 2011 4:01 AM
for DD'n purposing i would def reccommend the G-force sports. i ran 3 sets before i got the current "falkens" i have now and i HATE the falkens so once i get the car back in driving order i will be getting another set of BFGs

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, November 03, 2011 4:16 AM
Excellent tires. They are Summer tires, so no winter use. They corner very well, with no protest (high limit), so expect a higher than average lateral-Gs. Very stable in the wet, high speed. Tread wear is decent for a Summer tire too. Michelin/BFGoodrich did their homework to bring this tire out at an affordable price.

durandall05 wrote:I ran 235/45/17 g-force for about 4 years. Great tire, very predictable decent tread wear but the get very loud when the tread is low. Even when the tread is not worn they make a noticeable hum.
I've and my friend noticed this too. It is come to expected in a high performance Summer tire.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Sunday, November 06, 2011 11:20 AM
I had 225/45/17 G-Force sports until recently when I sold my wheels. I've had falkens, dunlops and the G-forces on my summer wheels and hands down the g-forces were my favorite. The best bang for the buck in my opinion, they handle great and they look cool too! I don't think you would be disappointed buying the g-force sports.

Sunday, November 06, 2011 4:49 PM
the bfg is a very good tire. it is more of a daily driver compared to the dunlops that are say on the new wrx. the bfg will be better in the snow but thats like coming in first place at the special olympics if you know what i mean.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 9:00 PM
The g-forces are great tires, I find them to be like black super glue on the road but they suck in snow. I got stuck in ONE INCH of snow with these tires! Also if you run them to long and they blow, it's....kinetic.
All in all great tire though.
Wednesday, January 04, 2012 11:19 AM
I ran them didn't like them they were noisy look at the hankook vents v-12 evos worth the money

Saturday, January 21, 2012 4:06 PM
^I agree. I have the ventus evo-12 which I track with as well.

Fantastic tyres for the money. ALSO CHEAP (about $100 each for a 235/45r17).

Also try Falken or Kumho SPT. They're good too
Saturday, January 21, 2012 11:23 PM
I run these Falkens (225/40/18)
and I love em. They grip well and Im in TX, so we dont see snow either. So far they are driving great on the highway and have no bad wear patterns. Only downside is they're directional of course, so you cant fully rotate.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.

Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:30 PM
dan C wrote:^I agree. I have the ventus evo-12 which I track with as well.

Fantastic tyres for the money. ALSO CHEAP (about $100 each for a 235/45r17).

Also try Falken or Kumho SPT. They're good too

they are the a amazing tire for the buck and I shoulda never switched to the g force all I hear is the road they are a pos I am gonna take em back for another set of v-12. if I pick up that valve cover you can take a ride in my car and see what I mean.
Saturday, January 28, 2012 10:01 AM
^if I'm ever in Arizona. LOL. I'm like 30 hours away
Saturday, February 04, 2012 8:56 AM
dan C wrote:^if I'm ever in Arizona. LOL. I'm like 30 hours away

lol I ment chris lol
but if your ever in az and wanna know how crappy they are let me know lol jk ya sorry shoulda worded that better
Saturday, February 04, 2012 12:37 PM
personally.. id go for the LIGHTER tire if you have to make a decision between these two.

i have the dunlop star specs as well as bfg g-force kdw's.... now i know you're not considering these but the kdw's are around 2 pounds lighter per tire. maybe the other BFG's and dunlops are similar...

now, dont get me wrong, i absolutely LOVE my star specs they grip amazing but i advise to go with the lightest option possible. whichever it may be...

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search