Tein Basic's, Wilwoods & right offset - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tein Basic's, Wilwoods & right offset
Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:02 PM
Whats up folks,

So there are a ton of offset threads and I have read the sticky and still cant make an educated decision on what offset I should go with.

I am looking at swapping out my brand new Spring Tech shocks and struts with Megan racing Springs for Tein Basic coilovers. In addition to swapping out the suspension I am also opting to go with a Wilwood big brake kit instead of O.E.M.'s big brake kit (pre-Wilwood Calipers). I will be ordering both the Teins and the Wilwoods after Christmas....

So on to my question......

I am looking at getting new rims and I was thinking of 18x8's to replacemy current 18x7's. What offset should I be looking at?

The rims I am currently looking at were Rohana RL 05's 18x8 +35mm on maybe some 225 40 18's...

Will I have any issue with the Teins/Wilwoods and 18x8 +35 on 225 40 18's?

The ultimate goal is a nice low profile setup, great stance, and a nice full wheel well. If 19" wheels will get it done better I am open to suggestions Just do not want to rub...

Thanks in advance for the advise.

Re: Tein Basic's, Wilwoods & right offset
Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:12 PM
basics wont get you low. i dont think the bottom perch is adjustable either so i would be careful with dropping the car to low. if you go 18x8 i would look for wheels in the mid to high 20mm offsets.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:28 PM
Well I am also considered just swapping out for Tein Springs to replace my Megan racing crap springs. I am just not 100% sure about coilovers. I had Skunk2's on Koni reds and I blew them quick. So if I am ultimately after a nice meaty tire ona nice comfortable ride what would you suggest?

I like the B&G Coilovers like you have but they are expensive. But I guess you get what you pay for.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:55 PM
there were some b&gs on ebay for 950 shipped. no longer see them now.

Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:41 PM

17x8s with a 225/45 tire, 27mm front offset/20mm rear offset. Wilwood front brake kit/stock rear drums. Toyota fenders. Rolled 1/4 panels.

Ground Control's with Dspecs, Custom front camber plates and Overkill brand solid rear mounts to add lowness/ride quality.

Hope this helps as an example...

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Thursday, December 22, 2011 7:44 PM
SEXY!!

Friday, December 23, 2011 3:36 AM
azncav wrote:SEXY!!

AGREED!!!!!!!!

I guess what I need to do is purchase the Wilwoods and then figure out what suspension I am going to go with. I see that BC Coilovers makes a setup for Cavaliers as well... I might try to go that direction simply because the Speed shop that has my car just built there 2011-2012 time attack S15 so now might be a good time for them to do some wheeling and dealing with BC Coilovers. Maybe I can get a discount on their setup. Otherwise I may splurge and go for the Tein SS setup.

Friday, December 23, 2011 8:57 AM
You are right, offset with this is critical, I have 18 by 8's but they are 20mm offset I think, and its real close!!!! Didnt roll fenders, have ground controls and koni's. Tire will also be critical. I have 235/40/18's and the fronts are within a quarter inch of the spring perch.

Friday, December 23, 2011 10:31 AM
that fresh sticker on the bumper says it all , I LIKE THAT SHYT!!! those wheels look wider than 8 but lookin REAL good.

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Friday, December 23, 2011 12:40 PM
Here are the rims I am looking at.... I like the Rohana's and the Konig's the best. Just trying to figure out what suspension setup would work best for the 18x8's +35 and I want them on 225/40/18's

KONIG LACE WHEELS 18X8 +35

ENKEI LSR 18x7.5 +42

Rohana RL-05 18x8 +35

What do you all think? If I specifically want one of these sets of rims what route should I go suspension wise. As far as coilovers go I probably would not be looking to dump them out. The ride quality sucks IMO.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search