Talk to me about 9,5 inch wide wheels. - Page 2 - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Talk to me about 9,5 inch wide wheels.
Monday, February 06, 2012 4:02 PM
those are pretty nice.

Monday, February 06, 2012 4:04 PM
Those are literally the only size and color that 949 racing has wheels in 5x100. I've found some other options since making that post, but 949 supports amateur racing and motorsports so they'll get my business.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Monday, February 06, 2012 4:26 PM
how about some 04 sti wheels? good luck finding those lol

Monday, February 06, 2012 4:28 PM
xxr is also coming out with the 530 in that size (well 17x9.75), but +25 offset, which is super lame, but they are 20 pounds. and less than half the price of the 949 wheels.

Monday, February 06, 2012 7:54 PM
Leafy wrote:By the way, I found the street wheels I want to run. Your text to link here... They wont look good, but its that or 28 pound xxr's or custom 2 piece wheels from England. Its sad that my daily wheels will weight less than my race wheels.

what spacers are you planning on running? 17x9 with a +48 i guarantee you'll be hitting the teins. my 17x8's with a +35 and the added space of the baers are close as it is. you might get away with it if you can space down to a 40-42ish offset.

staticav... 04 bbs aren't that hard to come by... they just aren't cheap and you'll need to rebore the centers as subaru's have a smaller center bore.

Monday, February 06, 2012 8:03 PM
Crap thats right, I need 6 inches of back spacing and that would put me at 6.5 which is to much. Those would need some hefty spacers. sounds like the xxrs might be the way to go then.

Monday, February 06, 2012 8:06 PM
strat81 wrote:
Leafy wrote:By the way, I found the street wheels I want to run. Your text to link here... They wont look good, but its that or 28 pound xxr's or custom 2 piece wheels from England. Its sad that my daily wheels will weight less than my race wheels.

what spacers are you planning on running? 17x9 with a +48 i guarantee you'll be hitting the teins. my 17x8's with a +35 and the added space of the baers are close as it is. you might get away with it if you can space down to a 40-42ish offset.

staticav... 04 bbs aren't that hard to come by... they just aren't cheap and you'll need to rebore the centers as subaru's have a smaller center bore.

oh i know. i have plenty of suby buddies lol. i agree on strats comments. +48 will definitely give you some rubbing issues with the suspension.

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:41 PM
StatiCav (AznCav) wrote:how about some 04 sti wheels? good luck finding those lol

Ive been spending about an hour a night trolling the NASIOC wheel F/S forum. I found some smoking deals but no money to spare until my tax return comes back. If a $600 set of RPF1s pop up again Ima be a very happy boy.

Ive also been entertaining the option of other factory wheels. But for anything decent like that I need 5x114.3. Stupid friggin 5x100 bolt pattern. Maybe thats my incentive to go IRS and aluminum knuckles.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:57 AM
I kno this post is really old but I'm interested in getting XXR 531 18x9.5 +35 offset on 225/40 18's with Eibach Pro springs and 3/8 bearing spacers in the rear I just want to kno would they fit and how much work would I need to get these to fit other than fender roll?

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:30 PM
Dammit I miss my car now

I think the general consensus I got from everyone when I wanted to try was that you need to go with a lower offset to clear the spring perches unless youre on coilovers. Even then youre going to have to roll and pull the fenders with some camber to fit. 9.5" is a meaty wheel on a J. Haha

Friday, July 19, 2013 1:23 PM
damn I figured they would fit if a 18x8.5 +35 stern wheel could fit a Cavalier without a roll or pull

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Friday, July 19, 2013 1:34 PM
Quote:

Talk to me about 9.5 inches

What'd ya wanna know? LOL

sorry I had to

Friday, July 19, 2013 1:43 PM
Yeah 9.5's are very wide for a J. I had to roll and pull mine and my car is a lot bigger. 18x9.5 +30 in my sig. 225/40.

Friday, July 19, 2013 6:08 PM
and thats the look I want lol just with my Cav cuz everybody here has the same look with J's I wanna change it up a bit and if I ever get this turbo kit installed, I wanna look the part, I have XXR 523 18x8.5's now but still waiting on 1 rim, if I ever get it I'll go with those but if not, I want XXR 531 18x9.5's or 9's that look similar if I can find them lol

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood
Friday, July 19, 2013 11:09 PM
I'm on 17x9.75s Slight roll needed... and some stretch.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search