WRX rims - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WRX rims
Sunday, August 26, 2012 7:24 AM
Am looking at getting...unfortunately atm just a pair but am seeing they have a 56.1 to our 57.1 bore and i havent yet looked to see what they would probably have for an offset, so i guess my question is ...the 1 mm diff..is it possible...feasible...recommended ..lol to maybe just take some sort of rotary sander type thing...a file or something of the like to open the center or am i asking for issues...can your average tire place,...have townfaire tire..vip..local, do it or do i need to find a machine shop ? They will be going on the rear if that makes any diff on the offset but does anyone know if theres is alot diff than ours?

Re: WRX rims
Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:21 PM
Bring them to a machine shop and they'd be able to bore out the centers.
Offset would probably be around 42, what year wrx?

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 4:55 PM
That im not sure of , guy says he has a set of 4 off a legacy wagon he says are the same but have a diff size tire on them so not sure what im gunna do...i really was just after 2 tires for cheap as i got one that got severely cupped due to shot shocks and now that i got my new dspecs on <LOVE THEM)))> it sounds like im running studs on the back lol, with what he wants for the pair of rims and tires i couldnt have 2 used tires mounted and balanced and my rims have their share of curbrash etc so it'd be a win win for me if it doesnt cost alot to have the centers bored out...one whole millimeter..

Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:02 PM
this be them if it helps with yr/possible offset

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 9:59 AM
those were used 02-05... you will need to have the hub bores machined.

as for the offset, i believe they are around +55 if memory serves me correctly.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:26 PM

02-05 WRX wheels:

Bolt pattern: 5x100
Centerbore: 56.5mm
Stock wheel dimensions: 16 x 6.5"
Stock wheel offset: 53mm
Stock tire: 205/55R16

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:22 AM
56.5?...swear i saw 56.1...so in other words its a lil over half a millimeter ......im thinking like a very light pass or two with a dremel....but assuming maybe it was a typo 1 millimeter still aint gunna take much i wouldnt think...these are on hold anyways tho(...

Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:56 PM
I wouldn't trust doing it without proper equipment... you take away more on one area than another and bad bad things will happen

Friday, August 31, 2012 10:31 PM
if i ran into that problem id just buy some spacers and bamm problem fixed
Saturday, September 01, 2012 5:24 AM
Kris Cirlos wrote:if i ran into that problem id just buy some spacers and bamm problem fixed

I hope they were hub centric spacers. If not you are asking for broken wheel studs.

Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:10 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:
Kris Cirlos wrote:if i ran into that problem id just buy some spacers and bamm problem fixed

I hope they were hub centric spacers. If not you are asking for broken wheel studs.

This.

Saturday, September 08, 2012 10:24 AM
Yea i wouldnt do spacers and pretty well convinced myself not to try and bore em on my own, talked to a machine shop and guy said np at all...hoping somehow i can get away with not removing tire but prolly not( ...will i have any issues with offset?...being as different as they are...

Saturday, September 08, 2012 10:28 AM
..if its too much i might need said spacers ? <the proper ones>...will running the 2 diff offsets mess with handling ...?

Monday, September 10, 2012 4:19 PM
So i pulled one of mine off just to see and mine says 16X6x47.0, I do believe the original owner said he had to replace one and possible thats the one i pulled i guess. I just thought i had read that ours were like 44? and 6.5? Assuming mine are all the same i would want an 8mm spacer?...Or...i could hold off till i can get a set of MrQuicks's Saturn/neon adapters and then i would just need a pair of spacers for the front) are the hubcentric spacers hard to find...wicked expensive?...Would it be possible to do a spacer between hub and backing plate / axle?...hmm yea...obviously possible i.e. the aforementioned rear disc conversion , would the same be possible on the front?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search