Old School Hot Rod Look? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Old School Hot Rod Look?
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 1:47 PM
Okay, I went through all the threads and searched, so if this has been asked before I really apologize. Just got a 98 cav drop top LS (although Vin claims z24) I wanna make it a head nod to the old school hot rod. Gonna drop it 1.5 all around, and would like to put some Cragar style wheels on it, with big fat tires in back and smaller fat tires up front. Currently running 205/60/15 on the stock suspension and rims, it looks okay in front, but definitely need the drop, and some more rubber to fill out the back. Not sure 225/60/15 would look that much different compared to the front, and have heard NO ONE mention 70's on here. Ideas anyone? I am building a daily driver with attitude, no real hi performance goals, but I dont want lots of trouble either. Also, would like to widen the stance a bit if possible. Lookin for ideas on those back tires, hope you can help. Thanx.

David

Re: Old School Hot Rod Look?
Thursday, July 25, 2013 7:35 AM
Wow... no one?
Wednesday, July 31, 2013 4:40 AM
You'd get a much better response if our cars were RWD

Friday, August 09, 2013 8:44 AM
I always thought the NASCAR look, lower, wider with maybe a set of Torque Thrust IIs would look good on a cav. But people will bash you no matter what you do.
I say go for it but the staggered set up is opposite of performance for a FWD...I have seen deep dish wheels on our cars and it 'can' look good...but the people who stick their tires out and stagger them wider in the rear, it just looks horrible IMO.
But until you do it and take pics its hard to say how it will look.. if you want a wider look in the rear, buy some spacers to extend the wheels out flush to the fenders and go with some 225/235's..those are a nice width and dont look 'skinny' from behind like 205's or something

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:17 AM
There is a company that makes 13" old style steel rally rims in our bolt pattern, and our offset. No idea on the company though. A lot of dirt track guys run them at the track.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search