Wheels off a vibe? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wheels off a vibe?
Monday, March 17, 2014 8:31 PM
I was looking around on Craigslist and I found a set of wheels and tires for a really good deal the wheels are 15 inch and came off a vibe the seller didn't post a lug pattern but they are 5 lug from what I've found searching it seems like they will work but I just wanted to check and make sure so if you know if they will fit I'd appreciate the advice. The tires are P205/55R15 toyo proxes with 90%+ of the tread on them has anyone run tires that size?

Finally this is the first time I've looked at used wheels and tires any advice on what to look for? The wheels look very nice no scratches or anything. I really hope this works out I needed tires anyway and if I get these it'll actually be cheaper than the tires I was going to get including the mounting and balancing price!!!!

2002 Pontiac Sunfire SE Sedan 2.2l Ecotec 4 Speed Auto.

Re: Wheels off a vibe?
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:23 AM
The bolt pattern is the same, and since it's also a GM, I'm sure the hub bore will be the same, but your best bet is to search for the hub bores. There are sites out there where you can find this information.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:31 AM
Thanks for the reply. The wheels are actually momos here is a picture from the ad if you know what they are please let me know I can find them online anywhere.

The one thing that worries me is the width though on the tires I'm running 195/65/16 I used the discount tire calculator and it shows they are over 2 inches wider I attached a screen shot of the results so you can see. Is there going to be any clearance issues with the struts? I know some people are running wider tires but I wanted to check and see what you thought.
Attachments
image.jpg (106k)

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:52 AM
Ok I figured out they are momo arrows.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:20 AM
You entered 255 into the calculator instead of 205.
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:57 AM
Go with 205/55/16 or 225/50/16 on those.
They should fit fine, but you'll probably need hub rings, as most aftermarket wheels have a larger than necessary hub bore to facilitate a wider range of fitments. You can get the rings from places like Discount Tire Direct, but you will probably need to give them the hub bore of the wheels, although they may have that info.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:26 AM
Steve D. wrote:You entered 255 into the calculator instead of 205.

Ok that makes sense I couldn't figure out how the tire would have fit on the wheels. My bad there. So I found out that the tire have been sold but the wheels are still available I might make an offer though on the wheels

Thursday, April 03, 2014 2:55 PM
the bolt pattern is the same but be careful because the vibes are identical to the toyota matrixes and use toyota hubs. 5 by 100 i believe is the pattern size
Monday, April 07, 2014 5:15 AM
ken raisor wrote:the bolt pattern is the same but be careful because the vibes are identical to the toyota matrixes and use toyota hubs. 5 by 100 i believe is the pattern size
They're not factory wheels, so it's very unlikely that the hub bores are made to the Toyota specs. They're likely between 75 and 80mm bores designed for use with hub rings.

And yes, 5x100 is the bolt pattern.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search