Squeaking coming from driver's side rear wheel ??? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Squeaking coming from driver's side rear wheel ???
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:02 AM
i've noticed it getting louder and louder recently, it's coming from my driver's side rear wheel , i'm positive. A very high-pitched "eeee" "eeee" "eeee" that speeds up as i accelerate.

It's not the bearing, but could it possibly be my brakes? They're way past due for new shoes and the drums need to be done too..

so i dunno...any ideas?

Re: Squeaking coming from driver's side rear wheel ???
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:47 PM
First I'd take off the wheel and take a look at everything then put the wheel back on.

If that doesn't work then I'd try to get it checked out.

.........Might wanna think about getting a rear-disc conversion

"What are you gonna do today Napoleon?"
"Whatever I feel like! Gosh!................"
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:21 AM
umm yea dont be lazy, crack her open an take a look! even if you just take off the drum an clean it out a bit, its better than nothin an then you can check the shoes if they are still alive

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:27 PM
Bah ... dont listen to these newbies. The best thing you can do is just drive. The more you drive it the better off it will be. The noise that you are hearing is just telling you that you are speading up. Think about it as an alert/alarm system

dan

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 5:26 PM
dubduce18s wrote:Bah ... dont listen to these newbies. The best thing you can do is just drive. The more you drive it the better off it will be. The noise that you are hearing is just telling you that you are speading up. Think about it as an alert/alarm system

dan

You are slightly off, if you take off the right rear wheel, there should be a resevoir, this is the blinker fluid resevoir. Make sure you're topped off or you'll get that squeeking sound.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:20 PM
lol, take off your wheel, and check your caliper pins, i broke one on my old ride and it made a very irritating high piched sceaming noise....
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 8:07 PM
He's talking about the rear wheel, so caliper pin is a no go.

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:50 AM
Mine is making the same noise on my drivers side rear. Im going to take my drum off to check and clean everything out. They might be wearing down seeing ive never had them replaced in all the 5 years ive had the car hehe.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:33 PM
ive seen the same problem.......come to find out the rear drums were so rotted and growing with rust that it was hitting the backing plate

Monday, February 21, 2005 7:30 AM
I was also thinking that of this is it more of an eeee sound did you check your struts too cus do to it being your accelerating thats putting weight back there just push down and see if you here it just a thought of something different

Monday, February 21, 2005 5:05 PM
You guys are thinking too much into this. I had the same squeaking sound coming from the front drivers side wheel. Sounds like a hamster wheel right?
For me it was the hubcap coming lose. To check go grab the hubcap and jiggle it left to right. It will probably have a bit of play and will make the squeaking sound. I just tightened the hell out of mine and the problem went away.
let me know if that's it

Monday, February 21, 2005 5:18 PM

I don't see any hubcaps here.

Monday, February 21, 2005 10:55 PM
ugh, i'm an idiot then lol. The way you decribed it made me instantly remember the hubcap thing so i quickly replied haha
disregard my last post
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 2:39 PM
My hubcaps squeel too. lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search