new tires? - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new tires?
Sunday, October 05, 2008 6:43 PM
so i have a 91 454ss pick up..it has 20 inch chrome rims with falcon tires.. they have been on there for awhile although the truck has not been driven much. the other day i noticed a slit in the right side tire a couple cm's deep and maybe 3 inches long. the tread on the tires is still perfect but should i get new tires just because of slits and pressure cracks on them??? how long will they last? i just dont want to spend the money on new tires if i dont have to considering how much my insurance just went up due to a speeding ticket and a wreck!!

Re: new tires?
Monday, October 06, 2008 1:49 PM
if you don't drive it all that much ie using it as a daily driver, you should be fine keep an eye out for dry rot etc though because if a vehicle is stored for an extended period depending on the climate you live in the heat in the summer etc can do a number on tires the sidewalls especially.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008 12:53 PM
well now i do drive it everyday thats y im worried.. i drive it to school and work..i never really drive fast so they should last a little longer shouldn't they? from school to work is basically back roads and a low speed highway...i never drive over 50 unless im racing or something..
Sunday, October 19, 2008 11:18 AM
Jon, you said you drive it everyday ok then it's your call you can keep an eye on the tire or tires in question and see if the slits etc become worse or you can go ahead and get new tires anyway just to err on the side of safety. You said you really never push it all that much so you should probably be ok for a little while depending on how bad the slits are.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search