Opinions on width vs offset - Wheel and Tire Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opinions on width vs offset
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 7:37 AM
Looking at various options for my 87 Z24. Stock rim is a 6.5" wide/14"/42mm offset looking at a 7.5" wide/17"/45mm offset. How much difference would these sit vs stock and are there any known clearance issues with the additional width? Stock certainly doesn't look like it is as tight of a tolerance as an 09 Civic.
Thanks!

Re: Opinions on width vs offset
Saturday, February 29, 2020 8:52 PM
Willtheyfit.com is a good resource to compare wheel sizes. With varying offsets.

The 7.5” wheel itself will stick out about 10mm more than your existing and will be roughly 16mm closer to the strut. Tire size will also be a factor.

Friday, March 06, 2020 3:27 AM
On an 87 it might be a tad bit tight but could still be doable. Really depends on tire size like Spencer mentioned, and your ride height.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Friday, March 06, 2020 5:06 AM
Thanks for the info!
I will be keeping the diameter of the tires stock and the ride height stock as well. I'll measure first of course, but I was just curious if people more knowledgeable than me just knew off the top of their heads.
Monday, October 05, 2020 8:23 PM
Any update on this? I saw some nice looking 17" vision wheels with +40 offset. I'm not sure if the offset is fine for a 7.5 wide wheel.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search