Interior LED Lights - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Interior LED Lights
Thursday, December 10, 2009 1:52 PM
So I just got some pure white: glove box, dome light, trunk light, and license plate lights. They are all LED and white in color like 6000k HID bulbs. Anyways, will these pass inspection? I was going to get blue but I thought they might not pass inspection so easily as white would. I know the luxury cars have these pure white lights in them. The stock ones are just too dim for me and ugly looking. I got an 03 cavy which most of you know by now.
Justin

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity"

Re: Interior LED Lights
Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:16 PM
what are you referring to as inspection? The LED's should install fine as long as you know the wiring. I've put a few strips in my car along with a trunk light and dome light. I also put two flood lights in as fog lights.

If you are looking for great quality products at a fair price, check out Oznium

And now you are reading my signature...great
My 2004 Sunburst Orange Sedan - http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=47&i=54063&t=54063
input is highly appreciated!
Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:19 PM
If you are just replacing the lights that are already there, you should be able to simply solder the old wires to the new ones. Remember to hide your wires! Nothing looks worse than an unclean install when it comes to the electrical aspect

My 2004 Sunburst Orange Sedan - http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=47&i=54063&t=54063
Thursday, December 10, 2009 8:24 PM
From your post the only thing you should have to worry about for inspection is the license plate light and I know here in La. you would not have a problem as long as the led is not a green red or blue color.

FOR SALE
Monday, December 14, 2009 3:01 PM
hey guys
these bulbs were OEM replacement bulbs so they just stuck right in where the others were pulled out. i did not like them at all. they did have the luxury car look, but the light output was horrible. i am getting a refund for them. i have an led keychain that is very bright so i thought these would be too, but they don't like up crap. im putting the stock ones back in and wow what a difference. dont buy LED interior bulb replacements unless you dont need light and are only going for a look. this is just what happened to me when i bought those headlights that looked good, but there was hardly any light output.

Monday, December 14, 2009 3:04 PM
Really? I would think that pure white would be pretty bright... huh. O-well now I know

You still haven't told me what kind of bumper that is on yur cavy

Monday, December 14, 2009 3:24 PM
That's a Type J front...

As far as Interior LEDs, there are many different LEDs to choose from. I've got a 4 LED direction bulb for my trunk and it's the same as OEM except whiter. I had a 5 way LED(same as in my cluster) for my dome light and it was horrible. Now I've got an 18 LED board and its way better than stock

Monday, December 14, 2009 6:20 PM
i have countless leds in my car not a single prob with any of them, my dome and behind cluster are 4led bulb and led underglow never had a prob

if your looking for bright lights that look good and still give off great light look into HID's

Monday, December 14, 2009 6:22 PM
Yeah i've never had any problems with any of mine either. They are all plenty bright. Are you sure it may not just be the brand you bought?

Monday, December 14, 2009 8:44 PM
Not sure what kind of white you are looking for, but I have a LEd bulb in my trunk, and its pretty damned white and bright! BTW, it came from oznium as well.

Monday, December 14, 2009 11:10 PM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:That's a Type J front...

As far as Interior LEDs, there are many different LEDs to choose from. I've got a 4 LED direction bulb for my trunk and it's the same as OEM except whiter. I had a 5 way LED(same as in my cluster) for my dome light and it was horrible. Now I've got an 18 LED board and its way better than stock

Is this what you have? Looks like it would be alot better than what I currently have... If that is what you have, what size did you get?

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:30 AM
18 LED board on eBay

I cant remember which seller but that should give you the idea. I'll try to get some pics later

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 2:44 PM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:18 LED board on eBay

I cant remember which seller but that should give you the idea. I'll try to get some pics later

thats what my dome light looks like but mine is blue

Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:15 PM
Daniel Simoes wrote:
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:That's a Type J front...

Is this what you have? Looks like it would be alot better than what I currently have... If that is what you have, what size did you get?

I have the LED board you linked from oznium, in the 1.5" x 1.5" i Red. It lights up my entire car.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:02 AM
Justin Smith wrote:So I just got some pure white: glove box, dome light, trunk light, and license plate lights. They are all LED and white in color like 6000k HID bulbs. Anyways, will these pass inspection? I was going to get blue but I thought they might not pass inspection so easily as white would. I know the luxury cars have these pure white lights in them. The stock ones are just too dim for me and ugly looking. I got an 03 cavy which most of you know by now.
Justin

Can you share some pics. I want to see them
Friday, September 21, 2012 8:39 AM
The last post in this thread was 3 years ago. The OP's account doesn't even exist any more. LMAO

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search